Members Meeting Members

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like a great time there!
Yes it was great. Chris is a great guy, and we could get along very well. I felt very welcome and Chris showed me around in New Jersey, an area I've never been. Unfortunately it was a short visit, a day and a bit. Hopefully I will be able to come back some other time.

There are now talk that I might be going back to UC Davis in September, that's near San Francisco. It's only a plan at the moment, not sure if it will be happening, but if it is, I will let it be know. There might be other members living in that area who would like to meet.

I will tell you all that Marcel is one of the nicest guys there is - very easy going and likable. We had a blast just cruising around checking out stuff. We had a good laugh at lunch. We were hungry and we were just passing what they call an "Amish Farmers Market" with home cooked food and hand crafted wares. Went inside to eat at one of the food shops. We got a kick out of it because while its called "Dutch" country, Marcel was the only true Dutchman there! (Amish are originally from Germany and the word for Germany - "Deutsch" - was Americanized to Dutch.) :)

I will tell you all that Marcel is one of the nicest guys there is - very easy going and likable. We had a blast just cruising around checking out stuff. We had a good laugh at lunch. We were hungry and we were just passing what they call an "Amish Farmers Market" with home cooked food and hand crafted wares. Went inside to eat at one of the food shops. We got a kick out of it because while its called "Dutch" country, Marcel was the only true Dutchman there! (Amish are originally from Germany and the word for Germany - "Deutsch" - was Americanized to Dutch.) :)
Yup, The "Dutch Cafe" serving donuts was priceless :lol:

Or here. Just within the last couple of months two shops have opened advertising "Amish" goods. On the board outside of one; "Turkey Reuben Sandwiches".
Yep.
Authentic "Amish" food.

Glad you guys had a great time. I really wish I could have made it. I am always up for meeting anyone. Someday we can get something going. Maybe get a mass exodus of members and have a "camping" trip to some big airshow. Planes during the day, BBQ and beer at night...:)

Ah, but that's Danish. Would be something for Maria then. I've actually never been to Denmark :oops:
True Marcel, but it's still a little closer to home than an Amish Reuben sandwich! :lol:

Glad you guys had a great time. I really wish I could have made it. I am always up for meeting anyone. Someday we can get something going. Maybe get a mass exodus of members and have a "camping" trip to some big airshow. Planes during the day, BBQ and beer at night...:)
That would be awesome if we could ever get together something like that!

....and a band!! I'm with you! that would be the greatest!

This year there is no way, I can do it. With me going to Germany, New York and San Francisco, I just won't be able to get the time off.

I think we should seriously plan something for next year. Get the planning started this summer. That would give everyone plenty of time to commit and confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back