Military Members post pics of you in your uniforms.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Strikes me it's generally the other way round. Look at Grenada, for example.

I think you have a valid point with that too, Ndicki.

To quote Foreign Sec Ernest Bevin - "We find ourselves at times irked at the role of jr partner... nevertheless... the partnership is worth the price." - said of UK's special relationship with the US going back to the days that the Cold War was setting in.

Of course there are deviations from this - take Suez as well. I think by and large the US and Britain do have a very close bond...

Britain was also one of the few European powers that did not seek independence from the West or Americanism throughout the Cold War - which is still evident today - a policy that France, Germany, and Italy attempted - also a major impetus for the EEC (which UK did not seek admission to until later). Major British contributions to Korea are another example - even though at that time Britain had to spend more per capita on defense than even the US was spending.

I finally got a scanner in my home - dug this from out from the bottom of the drawer...

Attachments

• Joe Navy.jpg
    Joe Navy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 122
You know what they say - if it ain't leaking you can't trust it!

I just checked into the base today down at NAS corpus - I didn't know that there was an Army Depot side of the base - it's a major repair facility for helos. It was pretty impressive watching them balance rotor blades in this beast...

Attachments

• PIC00025.jpg
    PIC00025.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 113
Cool mkloby! Do they spin them in that contraption? Is that what the fencing is for? To prevent injury/damage from catastrophic failures? Is the tower on the opposite side a crane to hoist the blades?

I would not have guessed that such a facility would be necessary for maintenance.

You know what they say - if it ain't leaking you can't trust it!

Thats the way it goes for the Chinook deffinatly.

mkloby said:
I just checked into the base today down at NAS corpus - I didn't know that there was an Army Depot side of the base - it's a major repair facility for helos. It was pretty impressive watching them balance rotor blades in this beast...

Yeap that is where my old aircraft is right now. She was struck by lighting and has never been the same since. She is in Corpus right now getting completely rebuilt from the wiring on up so that she might be a good aircraft again.

Hmm I prefer the old fashion way of track and ballancing blades. Hook a AVA kit with camaras and exelerometers (spelling probably way off) and do it on the aircaft. Can be very annoying though when it does not want to balance.

I would have thought that it would have been something more along your lines Adler. Something more field expedient to balance blades. Any blade that needed mkloby facility was either a new design analysis or they just threw them away.

No that is also a way to balance blades. When blades have been sent in from units to get rebuilt they dont have a helicopter to put a basic balance on them. They put the blade on this machine and balance it based off what there repaires where. They then paint the information on the blade and then when a unit recieves the blade they have all the track and balance info and that allows the mechanic and the crew chief to have an idea of where to start when installing this "new" blade on the aircraft. It makes life more simple in the field really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back