Military Members post pics of you in your uniforms.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In 'ye ol' summerdays of 1983:
This is me in german Bundeswehr Olive drab. We are on a video recce mission during an excercise.
In the second photo the one facing the camera is me too.
Following are some shots i was allowed to take with my own camera.

That training area looks like Grafenwoehr or Hohenfels. Either way it has not changed if it is one of those.

That training area looks like Grafenwoehr or Hohenfels. Either way it has not changed if it is one of those.

Sorry, it's neither of them. The shots from the ranges and the first Helicopter shot are from Munster-Nord. The "rescue of Starfighter" is at Fassberg AF, and the second Helicopter shot is around Lüneburg. I was based at Kampftruppenschule 2 in Munster, belonging to PzLehrBrig 9. Munster was then West-Germany's second largest garrison. My duty was to assist the shootings of trainings videos. Not quite the usual fighter job.

That is not a Sherman. The turret looks like a Sherman 76mm turret, fair do's, but it is not. I suggest an M-26 Pershing. Perhaps even more interesting.

Attachments

• M26_Pershing-1.jpg
    M26_Pershing-1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 146
Matt

Cast your nose into this page.

Methinks Pershing is the tank, note rough cast turret and the distinctive raised sloped piece in the glacis plate. Something the M48 does not have.

Pershing

However the M46 does fit the bill as the changeover between Pershing and Patton.

Go here and search for M26 you will see the changes as each model came out

TanxHeaven

Do you know, I think you've got it.

The second picture shows a British one, I think. Bit of a surprise there.

Attachments

• M46-4.jpg
    M46-4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 154
  • M46A1.jpg
    M46A1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 152
  • M46Captured.jpg
    M46Captured.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 134
  • m-46.jpg
    m-46.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 157
Matt

Cast your nose into this page.

Methinks Pershing is the tank, note rough cast turret and the distinctive raised sloped piece in the glacis plate. Something the M48 does not have.

Pershing

However the M46 does fit the bill as the changeover between Pershing and Patton.

Go here and search for M26 you will see the changes as each model came out

TanxHeaven

Ah your right. And I was wrong on both counts. I meant M-41 and still not close. I'm gonna keep outta this one.

Wonder what weapon made all those shallow pockmarks? 27mm aircraft cannon? I would have thought that the 30mm DU round would have petrated deeper.

Not sure if I ever posted these or not (and I am not going to bother going back 50 some odd pages). So here are few more from my Army days.

Me in my Blues with my Bride on our wedding day.
1238.jpg

Me in my desert flight suit at "George Bush International Airport, Baghdad, Iraq". :lol:
1239.jpg

Me in my "pickle suit" in Germany.
lastflight2.jpg

Where were you flying that Saber at?

Actually, I wasn't flying it ( I'm not that old). But it is a great story. I'll post it here and again in the Military story area if you guys don't mind.

I was flying out of George AFB in Victorville, CA. One day I went up to the Tonopah area at Nellis. The rules there were (are?) you could jump any other aircraft and if he wanted to play, fight's on. I saw this F-86 flying low and slow, so I jumped him. I figured I'd kick his butt real good. We took it higher and when we started to turn, he was all over me. My F-4 needed to do about 420 kts to turn at high G and maintain energy. Th F-86 was dong that at about 250 kts. No way I could turn inside of him. I could have unloaded and hit burners and got out of there, and I could have gone about ten miles and turned back to shoot him in the lips with an Aim-7, but I wanted to turn. He got me to fight his fight. He kicked my ass all day long.
On the ground at Nellis we met while refueling. The guy is a test pilot from Edwards and has about 2,000,000 hours in fighters. :oops:

I learned a lot that day. I got a picture as a souvenir.This picture was actually taken at Tyndall, AFB a year or so later. I lost the older picture, so I had a friend re-take it. I think this one was a drone. The one I jumped had an orange tail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back