Military Memories

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice Adler.

Did you get a chance to check out the Mig-25 wreckage?

Nope only from my Blackhawk. The Mig-25 was right outside the perimeter of our camp which was a former Iraqi Airforce Base. The first couple of months at the camp our ground guys spent the majority of there time cleaning up the destroyed aircraft and tanks and BMPs and what not and trying to patch holes in the concrete hangers so we could use them.

Nice collection of pics, Chris. Do yourself a favor and write down who they are in the pictures with you, or 20 years from now you will be trying to remember who that guy was, like I do with some of my old shots.

Oh I do, these are just downsized copies of the originals and on the originals they all have the names and then in the photo albums that I have made with the printed copies it has everyones name.

Looks like the US Army is just the place for an action-packed, useful sort of holiday! What on earth induced you to get out?

Tired of being deployed and not being home with my wife. Out of 36 months I was deployed for 31 of them before my unit got back last year and started transforming into a new unit and for that reason we were non deployable for a while. Well I got out before the next one...

Also the flying was no longer fun. It had become to much of a job and I did not want to ruin my love of flying. I would rather just fly privatly for the love of it.

I have many many more pics (litterally thousands just from Iraq alone and another thousand from other things from my time in the Army) but I only picked a few handful here.

Yeah I am technically only on Leave for another month but I allready enjoy looking back on them. I have several frames with pictures in them posted throughout my house now.

isn't it supposed to be the flag moving forward in an advnace? Most US Marines don't wear anything on their suits or cammies besides squadron and name patches, so I'm not sure.

Some good photos there. I was in Kosovo in 1999 and 2001/2, those look like they were taken about 2001+?

Very interesting and cool photos Adler. I wanted to join the Air Force or the Navy to fly but they informed me I could not enlist even for ground or shore duty seeing as how I'm a type I diabetic and have been for 34 years now. Oh well. Thank you for sharing. Much appreciated, pictures and service.:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Impressive pictures. I had never seen them. Thanks for all you guys who worked with bullets flying. While I have landed in Saigon, the only threat I ever had was my own flying:lol: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back