Mitsubishi J8M 'Shusui' at the Mitsubishi showroom

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

Lieutenant Colonel
Feb 17, 2008
Osaka
I am pleased to introduce a dozen of detailed photos of Mitsubishi J8M Shusui at the Mitsubishi showroom in four times by courtesy of one of my best local friends 'Okachan' in my hometown Sendai City.

Please enjoy!

Thank you, Okachan!

DSCN7840R.jpg

DSCN7849R.jpg

DSCN7850R.jpg

Last edited:
The first, and eventually last, test flight was taken place on July 7, 1945 to crash...

Figures. The fuel is the stuff that worries me. I can deal with the bird being a handful, but the idea that your fuel is trying to eat it's way through the tank and dissolve the pilot (that would be me) is just too much.

Nah, pass on that one.

Thanks for so generous comments, guys:)
Here are next three.

I'm glad to see you again Micdrow!

DSCN7851.jpg

DSCN7870.jpg

DSCN7871.jpg

Last edited:
The tail landing gear and the engine.

The 4-view drawing is quoted from "Illustrated Warplane History 8th edition -
The Xplanes of Imperial Japanese Army Navy 1924-45" published by Green Arrow Publishing Co., Ltd. Tokyo, Japan in 1999.

DSCN7883.jpg

DSCN7884.jpg

Engine.jpg

0800RS.jpg

Thank you very much and you are welcome, guys!

I need some more time to research her color scheme by myself, Wayne, but the green would have been a plan.

For your further curiousity, let me attach a pdf file of all drawings quoted from the magazine.

Thanks.

Attachments

• J8M_Shusui.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 486
My friend, that PDF is excellent!

There's a new book out on JG 400 - it might be interesting for you to read it and imagine what might have been had the J8M made it into service with Japanese Air Force.

Great pictures Shinpachi.

Not to sidetrack but Planes of Fame has one on static display.
It is painted an off" yellowish orange instead of green.
It's hard to get good pictures of it because they have it hanging from their ceiling between several items.
J8M_Shusui.jpg

J8M_Shusui_001.jpg

Wheels

My friend, that PDF is excellent!

There's a new book out on JG 400 - it might be interesting for you to read it and imagine what might have been had the J8M made it into service with Japanese Air Force.

Thanks for your kind information about the book, Paul!
As I have introduced in my another thread, here is a real engine for Me-163 in my neighborhood museum.
JG 400 story will sound more real for me.

Great pictures Shinpachi.

Not to sidetrack but Planes of Fame has one on static display.
It is painted an off" yellowish orange instead of green.
It's hard to get good pictures of it because they have it hanging from their ceiling between several items.

Wheels

Thank you very much, wheelsup_cavu, for your nice follow-up!:)

Walter HWK509A-2r rocket engine for Me163B circa 1943.

DSCN3747-8S.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back