Monogram 1/48 B-17G

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
I built this a few years ago. I used quite a lot of aftermarket- a photo-etch set for some of the exterior details, Karaya hollow metal gun barrels, Squadron vac-form clear parts, resin wheels, Greif lenses etc. I also scratchbuilt some items (especially in the cockpit), rescribed the whole arframe and made my own decals to depict '2nd Patches', a war-weary shuttle aircraft with several replaced panels, heavy weathering and evidence of engine fires. Hope you like it.

B17_01_1200.jpg

B17_02_1200.jpg

B17_04_1200.jpg

I built this a few years ago. I used quite a lot of aftermarket- a photo-etch set for some of the exterior details, Karaya hollow metal gun barrels, Squadron vac-form clear parts, resin wheels, Greif lenses etc. I also scratchbuilt some items (especially in the cockpit), rescribed the whole arframe and made my own decals to depict '2nd Patches', a war-weary shuttle aircraft with several replaced panels, heavy weathering and evidence of engine fires. Hope you like it.

simply outstanding!

What an ace she is mate, i'm in the works of building mine ( I got side-tracked) and will most likely be contacting you with any questions as we have the same kit. Mine is straight OOB though.. anyways I hope mine looks like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back