Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seriously? Not 1 person called me on picking the Brewster Buffalo as the most beautiful plane of WW2? I figured I would get pummeled for that, but not a single "You gotta be kidding me!!". Come on guys…

In real life, I would pick the Corsair first, Spitfire 2nd

Seriously? Not 1 person called me on picking the Brewster Buffalo as the most beautiful plane of WW2? I figured I would get pummeled for that, but not a single "You gotta be kidding me!!". Come on guys…

Well, anyone would like a beerbarrel I guess :lol:

I just figured you had a mind of your own instead of picking the obvious. Corsairs and Spits are so boring :sleepy1:

Spitfire as the most beautiful to both eye and ear (never tasted one but it probably tastes as good as it looks). It certainly feels beautiful to the touch (so smooth, so round, so fully packed) so it satisfies three of my five senses. Most aircraft smell great to me. It's hard to differentiate.

Favorite A/C is something else again.

1. F4F-3
2. P-40B
3. PBY Cat

Kudos to Pinsog for proving beauty is in the eye of the beholder…. I'll bet he was nice to all the girls and not just the pretty ones at any dance he attended.

Also, no need to wait for John to vote, Readie will definitely go with the Spit. Chalk up another one for Mr. Mitchell's baby.

Last edited:
Radial:

F8F Bearcat, Hawker SeaFury, P-47N Thunderbolt (natural metal finish), F2G-1 Corsair
Inline:

P-51D/K/H Mustang (natural metal finish), Spitfire XIV (w/bubble canopy), Fw-190D13, P-40BC (natural metal)

Cheers,
Biff

Last edited:

There is no accounting for taste. I'm sure somebody, somewhere, thinks the Amiot 143 is the most beautiful aircraft of all time.

No offense the everyone, but I kinda thought that when people started naming off the ME109….

I agree.

I think the prettiest is the Spitfire - either the XII, XIV, XIX or VIII.

I also think the bomber/PR versions of the Mosquito are quite attractive, the fighter/NFs/FBs not so much.

I wouldn't call the Fw 190A attractive - but very purposeful and tough looking.

Pinsog,

It's kinda like picking an ugly girl as a prom date to make a statement and ending up married to her a couple years later.

My sympathies. Hope the kids won't end up quite as Ugly....
;)
- Ivan.

Please do not vote twice and plural answer. It makes me confuse. And... there is few people vote than I thought....

until now...

Bf109 - 5
Me262 - 3
Ki-61 - 2
P-40 - 2
F4U - 2
He280 - 1
Mosquito - 2
G.55 - 1
Fokker G-1 - 1
Spitfire - 4
Constellation - 2
AT-6 - 1
Buffalo - 1
Re.2005 - 1
Me163 - 1
F4F - 1

Plural answers were invalided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few people are voting because only a few can narrow it down to ONE aircraft.

I've got a opinion too, but why should I vote just to have you invalidate my vote.

I had the pleasure of ogling the 190D-13 at Champlin's museum for many years. As much as I love the Corsair, the lines of the D-model 190 make it look like it's going 400mph just sitting there.

Ok...if I can only have one then it's got to be the Mossie. At least as beautiful as the Spitfire (sorry Readie) but with twice the Merlins. Can't beat it!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back