MTO/Africa build question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cool stuff there Terry, just a quick note though. The nude is only on one side of the aircraft. The other side says Peggy Lou. Unless your talking about the other B-25, which if you are I wasnt sure if you would build that one.

Ah, sorry! Yes, I meant the other ship. Jan might be doing that one as well, and just in case I can squeeze it in, I'm doing the decals for it as well as Peggy Lou - I hope!

Ah, sorry! Yes, I meant the other ship. Jan might be doing that one as well, and just in case I can squeeze it in, I'm doing the decals for it as well as Peggy Lou - I hope!

After Airventure I will see if I can squeeze in some research on her. I found the picture in another book. Same one as I sent you but it was interesting to find it some where else.

I stumbled upon this doing some research for an article on my father in WW2. I enjoyed seeing the interest in his plane "Peggy Lou", B-25J (4)327698, tail number 13. I have pictures of this plane from the day it arrived on the Squadron till the day it crashed in the 50's at Wright Patt., including the accident report. I can tell you that any model built using any of the many art depictions of this plane will be wrong because none of them show her correctly. I also have serious doubt about a Capt. Miller ever flying her as there is no Captain Miller listed in the Squadron roster. Five pilots were assigned to her as Aircraft commander, my father being the 4th. If anyone is interested in building her correctly, I will be happy to help if I can.

alanincockpitlg.jpg

Terry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back