MTO/Africa build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nah Jan, here is a surprise 13 for you.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 77
Of course here are some teaser also and I got bored

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Then again if I wanted to mess with your head there are these, RAAf Wirraway or Croation Bf-109 :lol: Hummmm wonder what else I could dig up if I wanted to :twisted:

Some times I can be cruel :lol: Got room for all these models :D

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 97
You know, I saw a '13' once on a .....

Wait, this isn't the 'Lucky 13' thread?? Whose playing games!?!! I'm looking for the "MTO Thread". Can somebody show me where its at?

Micdrow, is that Yak 1 in post #203 a Polish-flown Russian fighter?

You know, I saw a '13' once on a .....

Wait, this isn't the 'Lucky 13' thread?? Whose playing games!?!! I'm looking for the "MTO Thread". Can somebody show me where its at?

Micdrow, is that Yak 1 in post #203 a Polish-flown Russian fighter?

I guess you can say I hijacked my own thread, took a break from the MTO B-25 though I do have to get going againg on it. As far as the Yak goes I beleive you are correct that it was flown by a polish pilot.

Mooooaaan......:lol:

Less than a week to start on the B-25!

....and to finish the triplets! :oops:

Yeah, cant wait for the Med build to start. This coming Friday Im going to Airventure and will see about getting walk around pictures of a B-25J. I need to get cracking some more researching Peggy Lou again.

I wonder how Terry is coming on the labels? Any word from Terry on that Jan?

Just re-ordered the clear inkjet-printable decal sheets, in a bigger sheet size, as the first supplier is out of stock. Good find, as this 'new' place is not a model outlet, but a computer crafts place, and the sheets are full A4, and half the price!
So far, I've got the first nose art almost done, with the umbrella/parasol correctly shown as 'clear', not blue. Next step is to re-draw and colour, by hand, some parts, then scan it, reduce to the correct size for 1/48th scale, and see how it prints on paper. Given it's OK, as soon as the decal paper arrives - bingo!
Then it's the turn of the red '13' with the nude each side of the nose, plus its yellow serial numbers. The crew names for under the windows I think I'll have to draw by hand, but I'll see what I can manage. I've told Jan that the '13' will have to have an off-white (pale grey, or pale blue etc) outline, as I don't have an ALPS printer, so can't print white!
With a bit of luck, I should have them all done well before they're needed, as I have to make some code letters for my Spit MkXIV and for the MTO Beaufighter too, so I'll do them all at the same time, on one sheet. Heck, it's like old times, being back working for the 'Big Yellow Box' in the Graphics industry!!
I'll also need to test some specimens first, just to see that they actually work, and how they perform and react to Micro Sol/Set etc. I'd hate to make perfect looking decals, then have them break-up or crack, dissolve etc!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back