MTO/Africa build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Hi guys,

Well I have question for all of those that may participate in the MTO/Africa build.

First off I know its early but I was wondering if any one is going to build a B-25 in american markings? I would like to do some research on the aircraft if some one does and try and find out the crew and maybe the history of the aircraft. This is something new that I wanted to try on this build as I have lots of info on this subject but have never read any of it.

Some of things I want to find are this
Crew of aircraft and maybe pictures of crew
Picture of aircraft
Fate of aircraft
Fate of crew
Missions and such

Second if I get no takers for a B-25 then I may try a P-40 but I am more limited in this area but will try. Again I prefer American markings as most of my info is for this subject.

Any way the sooner I know the sooner I can start looking for things in the list above as this would be a huge challenge for me and I would like to have some of the info before the build starts. This could be a bust but Im willing to try.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Makes me wish I was doin a B-25 instead of a B-24 Paul..... I got the Strawberry Bitch 1/72nd kit.....

Thanks Dan,

If no one takes me up on the other two I could try the B-24. Problem I have is I dont have allot of info on any theator on the B-24 compared to the B-25 which I have a ton.

You know Paul, I very nearly chose a US B25 for the MTO build, instead of the Beaufighter! But as I intend to do (another) RAF Mitchell in the not too distant future, I changed my mind. Could be an interesting project though, and if the Beau is finished quicker than expected (which I'll admit is doubtful, as there's going to be a lot of scratch-building in 1/32nd scale), then I might add a B25 anyway. Probably the Revell/Monogram B25J, then I can still do the 'C' for the RAF (Europe) one.

You know Paul, I very nearly chose a US B25 for the MTO build, instead of the Beaufighter! But as I intend to do (another) RAF Mitchell in the not too distant future, I changed my mind. Could be an interesting project though, and if the Beau is finished quicker than expected (which I'll admit is doubtful, as there's going to be a lot of scratch-building in 1/32nd scale), then I might add a B25 anyway. Probably the Revell/Monogram B25J, then I can still do the 'C' for the RAF (Europe) one.

Thats cool Terry, For some reason Ive been collecting documents on the MTO/Africa theator for the last 2 years and well never read one of them. I think its time I do and well I thinks it time and as for the B-25 Ive been researching it off and on for a while its really kinda interesting for me.

Hi Paul

I have a AM B-25 "Dirty Dora" ready for the next PTO build - that should be interesting (had a laugh when I found out why it was called that name!), but for the MTO I found an evil bay bargain. P-39's. Two of them and that must be twice the fun. No problem getting the parts mixed up either.

Not seen too much info on use of these in the MTO. Thought they were just used in the PTO and training stateside. Got anything on these?

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• !BRY!T6!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBJ9ssR0Llw~~_1.JPG
    !BRY!T6!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBJ9ssR0Llw~~_1.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 185
I've got decals for two B-25's. WORTH FIGHTING FOR, from 428th BS, 310th BG and SHADY LADY, from 379th BS also 310th BG....

But, the B-25 that I really would like to do is this one, from 445th BS, 321st BG....

DSCF0021-10.jpg

DSCF0022-4.jpg

DSCF0023-5.jpg

Shame that I can't find decals for her in 1/48....:(

Very cool Jan, If thats the one you want to do then I would be more than happy to research that one.

I'd say go ahead Paul. I'm going to draw the artwork for the nose art, then make the decals for Jan, so if you do the reserach, he's then got no excuse for not doing it, has he?!!!
VB, yes, the Bombers / Heavy Hitters GB starts on Sunday, 1st November, and ends on Sunday 31st January.

Hi Paul

I have a AM B-25 "Dirty Dora" ready for the next PTO build - that should be interesting (had a laugh when I found out why it was called that name!), but for the MTO I found an evil bay bargain. P-39's. Two of them and that must be twice the fun. No problem getting the parts mixed up either.

Not seen too much info on use of these in the MTO. Thought they were just used in the PTO and training stateside. Got anything on these?

Cheers

Peter

Hey Peter,

I will have to due some looking for P-39's but I can tell you they where used in the MTO

Paul

I'd say go ahead Paul. I'm going to draw the artwork for the nose art, then make the decals for Jan, so if you do the reserach, he's then got no excuse for not doing it, has he?!!!
VB, yes, the Bombers / Heavy Hitters GB starts on Sunday, 1st November, and ends on Sunday 31st January.

Very cool and this will give me some time to see what I can find as long as Jan still wants to build it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back