MTO/Africa build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sweet work Paul! You're sure making your "Group Build Tech Support" well worthy! Nice Job! :thumbright: :notworthy:

Edit: I see that the nose art is larger than it's made out to be in the Osprey book...

Thanks Jan!!!

Found this profile, its interesting as it says the 1 is really and I. Sorry for the size but figured you would want the detail if you still build it for the nose art.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 69
True mate! I noticed that the 321st used numerals on their bombers, becuause I think that they changed from white to black numerals in January '45....
Maybe there's a way to confirm this...

True mate! I noticed that the 321st used numerals on their bombers, becuause I think that they changed from white to black numerals in January '45....
Maybe there's a way to confirm this...

I dont know Jan but will see what I can find. By the way I think your stuck with this one. Found these on a B-25 MTO website. Both sides of Peggy Lou so the squadron signal profile is wrong!!!

Attachments

• Fred Lawrence  Corsica 053.jpg
    Fred Lawrence Corsica 053.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Peggy Lou _43-27698.jpg
    Peggy Lou _43-27698.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Peggy Lou _43-27698 1.jpg
    Peggy Lou _43-27698 1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanks guys, another picture. This one pilots side. Note the umbrella and names.

Attachments

• 445th BS FLO.jpg
    445th BS FLO.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 64
If they changed from white to black numerals in January '45, that must '44 and earlier! 8) Making your money worth here Paul! Superb work!

Last edited:
Great work Paul! i thought it was strange that the artwork appeared on both sides - it's unusual, though not uncommon, to have artwork both sides of the nose, but very rare, if ever, that the same art is each side. I think the tail numbers are '13' bye the way, and not I3. That would make senses as First squadron, and I think the typeface used in the book has thrown things.
Paul, is there anyway you can e-mail me a decent close up of the artwork on the starboard side, especially the lettering, and the script under the cockpit window? I'll see if I can do decals for those too, though I'll probably have to guess at the colour. I'm thinking it's red?

Great work Paul! i thought it was strange that the artwork appeared on both sides - it's unusual, though not uncommon, to have artwork both sides of the nose, but very rare, if ever, that the same art is each side. I think the tail numbers are '13' bye the way, and not I3. That would make senses as First squadron, and I think the typeface used in the book has thrown things.
Paul, is there anyway you can e-mail me a decent close up of the artwork on the starboard side, especially the lettering, and the script under the cockpit window? I'll see if I can do decals for those too, though I'll probably have to guess at the colour. I'm thinking it's red?

Thanks Terry,

Email sent, hopfully it well help

Paul

Well if you will go saying that you want to do a Mitchell, that's what happens. No going back now, the order's going in for ther clear decal sheets tomorrow, soon as Hannant's open for business.
Thanks Paul, I haven't checked my e-mails yet, but no doubt the stuff will do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back