MTO/Africa build question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh hey Terry, good news!

I found ya' some F4F Wildcats used in North Africa!

You wanted to do that, right? :evil4:

Nahhh here is his wild cat for the MTO/Africa build though he may try and assainate me for it.

Attachments

• wild.JPG
    wild.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 83
This is my very last comment regarding the Wildcat:- There is a certain area on the edge of the town where I live, where the average woman (and I use the term guardedly), is fat, short, curved in all the wrong places, wears make-up applied not by a trowel but with the assistance of a Caterpillar excavating machine, and obviously in very uncoordinated colours and areas of what passes for facial features, whilst pushing a baby buggy containing a screaming, dribbling, miniature replica of herself, but of indeterminate sex, as she, or they, waddle along on flabby feet, speaking in a language unknown to mankind, and of no known historic, or pre-historic basis.
The men in my town call these creatures (for that is what they surely are) "Hippocroccofrogs".
In the aviation world, the Wildcat is a Hippocroccofrog !!

Gentlemen, Mr Fox is now in a stage that we know as "Denial", what will now follow shortly, is the stage that we like to call "acceptance"...

I am not....Oh! I give up! I'll do a Wildcat someday maybe, in a similar cameo diorama to the Spitfire Mk22 currently under construction. It should look good as a burnt-out hulk in a slimy green mud hole, don't you agree?

One question about MTO/Africa Group Build - does this include German intervention in the Balkans against Yugoslavia and Greece in April/May 1941? I was going through some books and found that some interesting painted Bf 109Es fought there.

One question about MTO/Africa Group Build - does this include German intervention in the Balkans against Yugoslavia and Greece in April/May 1941? I was going through some books and found that some interesting painted Bf 109Es fought there.

What ya think Terry....? It is part of the Mediterranean Theatre... 'Area' ....so I have no issue with it's inclusion.

Update for Jan,

Well Jan its been a while since I updated here. But been working a lot of hours but there is good news. So far Ive identified rough 60 dates including crews of 137 missions including where that Peggy Lou flew and still have plenty of data to go though. Thank goodness the build has not started because I have fgure out how to type of all this info :lol:

Looks like you've been busy Paul!
Igor, Wayne and Jan - I was going to contact the other judges about what should constitute the MTO / North Africa, just to clarify. But it's quicker and easier if I make an 'executive decision'!
For the MTO/North Africa GB, anything that borders on the Meditteranean seaboard (Inluding Adriatic, Ionean seas etc) sill qualify. This includes the North African mainland, Malta, Sicily, Italy, Greece (and its islands) , Yugosalvia etc etc.
I'll include this in the post on the GB Guidelines soon.
I do think some changes to the GB Rules may be required though, to take into account positions in the Categories. At the moment, there is only overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, with the Members Choice.
Do you think there should be 1,2,3 for each Category, plus perhaps some 'Commended' placings for example? I realise we need to keep things as simple as possible, but at the moment, some deserved winners and 2nd and 3rd places will miss out.

If you wish to keep things simple the you should keep current system of overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd places, with the Members Choice but also with the addition of entries specially commended by the judges.

If you wish to be methodical with great number of entries then you should introduce 1,2,3 for each Category. Also in this case you can have 'Commended' placings if there are more entries which deserves this.

Anyway Terry, this are just some of my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back