MTO/Africa build question (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Appreciated Paul! Need to find a J and I honestly don't care about the raised panel lines this time, I usually avoid them... could get an H and an C though....:lol:

Thanks Igor. I agree about keeping it simple, and I like the idea of 'Commended' placings instead of 1,2,3 for all categories, but let's see the general opinion.
Jan, Revell (ex Monogram) B25J, nice kit, £14.99 free shipping from TAHS. It's in the Revell/Monogram Imports list.

If the volume of entries is sufficient, then separate category placings should be awarded with the inclusion of commended entries...

However if a reasonable number are not completed then we need to stick with the original plan.....

It's up to YOU fellas to kick @ss and get your entries completed!

Probably the 2nd or 3rd week of July Terrry for a review on direction....or sooner if necessary.

Appreciated Paul! Need to find a J and I honestly don't care about the raised panel lines this time, I usually avoid them... could get an H and an C though....:lol:

Your welcome Jan,

Im suppose to have a three day weekend this 4th of July, my wife said I could do anything I wanted on one day so I plan on starting to compile the data that day and start writing.

You better buy your caring good lady an expensive dinner, flowers and some bling-bling then old boy! :D

Nahh I sent her to her mom for 4 days so she is happy. found this today. Some of the maintance personell for Peggy Lou

Attachments

• Fred Lawrence  Corsica 034_001.jpg
    Fred Lawrence Corsica 034_001.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 100
That sounds good to me Wayne - we'll see what the entries are like and sort things as we go. I'm aiming to post a 'gee-up' around about the four weeks remaining mark, and I'll do the 'Guidelines' thing at the same time. I'll bung you a draft before I post it.

That sounds good to me Wayne - we'll see what the entries are like and sort things as we go. I'm aiming to post a 'gee-up' around about the four weeks remaining mark, and I'll do the 'Guidelines' thing at the same time. I'll bung you a draft before I post it.

No worries Terry, be waitin'.....

Ok I started the document today, its very crude at least in pdf format but it is a start. Any one know of a good Microsoft word to pdf converter? Preferably one for free

Last edited:
Paul, I use 'Cute PDF', it's downloadable free. You just select 'Print', then send the document to the Cute PDF printer, rather than the on-line printer 'printer'! Far as I remember, I just 'Googled' Cute PDF and found the site, then followed the instructions for free download.
BTW, great work so far mate.

Paul, I use 'Cute PDF', it's downloadable free. You just select 'Print', then send the document to the Cute PDF printer, rather than the on-line printer 'printer'! Far as I remember, I just 'Googled' Cute PDF and found the site, then followed the instructions for free download.
BTW, great work so far mate.

Many thanks Terry,

Round two of the draft. Looks better to me but have lots more work to due. Any suggections from any one on changes so far. Im still working on removing the white boarder though its growing on me. Its a learning curve thats for sure. Terry note the different amount of crews so far that have flown this ship. I quite suprised by the variety

Last edited:
Looks good Paul. The white border is fine, it gives an indication for centering the page. The only suggestions I'd offer would be, if possible, to use a slightly lighter blue for the text, and see if you can adjust the photo of the kite on the deck. At the moment, it's stretched - not a huge problem, but it detracts slightly.
I see what you mean by the variety of crews who used the kite, seems a lot for a 'named' bird, but then, it did do a lot of missions!
Let me know how you get on with the Cute PDF thing.

Looks good Paul. The white border is fine, it gives an indication for centering the page. The only suggestions I'd offer would be, if possible, to use a slightly lighter blue for the text, and see if you can adjust the photo of the kite on the deck. At the moment, it's stretched - not a huge problem, but it detracts slightly.
I see what you mean by the variety of crews who used the kite, seems a lot for a 'named' bird, but then, it did do a lot of missions!
Let me know how you get on with the Cute PDF thing.

Ive got the Cute pdf thing, works great but using a different way as you can see Im using a black back ground. I lightened up the blue. I like the format as its easy on the eyes at least for me. Here is what I have after about 6 hours of editing. Taking a break for now but lots more to go. Very interesting ship in my humble option with a great career. Any feed back from any one else or Jan maybe since this is for him.

Attachments

• B-25 Peggy Lou.pdf
    216.4 KB · Views: 156
Looking better all the time Paul! What a sad thing to happen to such a veteran aircraft, to have crashed like that after surviving all those missions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back