MTO/Africa build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks pretty good to me Paul...well done.

Thanks Wayne, Its getting there, Im still not happy with some things and continue to add more. Here is the latest revision so far. Found a combat report on one mission and added it along with an article on the 321st bomb group news paper. I never thought I would find so much on this aircraft.

Attachments

• B-25 Peggy Lou test.pdf
    897 KB · Views: 140
That's the B-25J sorted for Peggy Sue, Paul.....got this one on ebay.:D

Attachments

• B-25J.jpg
    B-25J.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 89
Know what you mean, I'm itching to start on the Beaufighter. Big job on that one, so I hope I can fit in a B25 as well.

Take you time Terry. I dont know if you still are planning on the B-25 that I sent you pictures of as I have not had time to even start looking into that one. Peggy Lou really turned into a gem of information that I could never had hoped to find so much info on. Thats very rare though Jan would love the nose art of that B-25 when I get around to it!!!!

Background
Constituted as 319th Bombardment Group (Medium) on 19 June 1942 and activated on 26 June. Trained with B-26's. Moved via England to the Mediterranean theater, Aug.- Nov. 1942, with part of the group landing at Arzeu beach during the invasion of North Africa on 8 Nov. Operated with Twelfth AF until Jan. 1945, except for a brief assignment to Fifteenth, Nov. 1943-Jnan. 1944.

Began combat in Nov. 1942, attacking airdromes, harbors, rail facilities, and other targets in Tunisia until Feb. 1943. Also struck enemy shipping to prevent supplies and reinforcements from reaching the enemy in North Africa. After a period of reorganization and training, Feb.-June 1943, the group resumed combat and participated in the reduction of Pantelleria and the campaign for Sicily. Directed most of its attacks against targets in Italy after the fall of Sicily in Aug. 1943. Hit bridges, airdromes, marshalling yards, viaducts, gun sites, defense positions, and other objectives. Supported forces at Salerno in Sept. 1943 and at Anzio and Cassino during Jan. March 1944. Carried out interdictory operations in central Italy to aid the advance to Rome, being awarded a DUC for a mission on 3 March 1944. when the group, carefully avoiding religious and cultural monuments, bombed rail failities in the capital. Received another DUC for striking marshalling yards in Florence on 11 March 1944 to disrupt rail communications between that city and Rome. Received the French Croix de Guerre with Palm for action in preparation for and in support of the Allied offensive in Italy, April-June 1944. From July to Dec. 1944, bombed bridges in the Po Valley, supported the invasion of Southern France, hit targets in norther Italy, and flew some missions to Yugoslavia, converting in the mean-time, in Nov., to B-25 aircraft.

Returned to the US in Jan. 1945. Redesignated 319th Bombardment Group (Light) in Feb. Trained with A-26 aircraft. Moved to Okinawa, April-July 1945, and assigned to seventh Af. Flew missions to Japan and China, attacking airdromes, shipping marshalling yards, industrial centers, and other objectives. Returned to the US, Nov. - Dec. 1945. Inactive on 18 Dec. 1945.

Stations
Barksdale Field, La, 26 June 1942
Harding Field, La, 8-27 Aug. 1942
Shipdham, England, 12 Sept. 1942
Horseham St. Faith, England, c. 4 Oct. 1942
St. Leu, Algeria, c. 11 Nov. 1942
Tafaraoui, Algeria, 18 Nov. 1942
Maison Blanche, Algeria, 24 Nov. 1942
Telergma, Algeria, c. 12 Dec. 1942
Oujda, French Morocco, 25 April 1943
Sedrata, Algeria, 1 June 1943
Djedeida, Tunisia, 26 June 1943
Sardinia, c. 1 Nov. 1943
Corsica, c. 21 Sept. 1944- 1 Jan. 1945
Bradley Field, Conn, 25 Jan. 1945
Bradley Field, Conn, 25 Jan. 1945
Columbia AAB, Sc, c. 28 Feb.- 27 April 1945
Kadena, Okinawa, 21 July-21 Nov. 1945

Group Markings
Dec. '42-June '43 coloured prop bosses..
June '43 Red tail band...
Sept. '43 White battle number on fin...
Dec. '43 Red battle number on fin...

Now, this would mean that this bird, "Reddy Teddy" was based on Corsica as she looks in this profile...
I wonder, is it worth the risk....?

sCo_chinscratch.gif

sEm_blush7.gif

Attachments

• B-26 Reddy Teddy No.13.jpg
    B-26 Reddy Teddy No.13.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 87
Interesting ship there Jan, here is the squadron patch for the the 319th along with another picture of Desert Warrior

Attachments

• Desert 319th.jpg
    Desert 319th.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 319th.gif
    319th.gif
    38.2 KB · Views: 81
You know Jan, as much as I love bombers this one seems to suite you also. Maybe a little friend to go with the B-25

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Oooh coome oon Paul! Now you're just rattling my cage here! You ain't making it any easier for me! Need to have look at my build plans for the GB's now.... :lol:

Nice find though! :thumbright:

Oooh coome oon Paul! Now you're just rattling my cage here! You ain't making it any easier for me! Need to have look at my build plans for the GB's now.... :lol:

Nice find though! :thumbright:

Sorry Jan, I cant help it. Somethings just click for me and well the Med seems to click for me and your welcome though I did find a P-51D labeled #13. Didnt read to far into it though I might be for the Med :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back