MTO/Africa build question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like I'm set for a Beaufighter AND a B-25 for the MTO/North Africa GB then, eh?
I hope that I don't get a nasty rash from touching that Revell B-25J with raised panel lines! :oops: :lol:

On the other hand, there's still time for someone to release a B-25J with resessed lines....here's to hoping! :lol:

Great, I didn't realize it's bombers afterwards. Dirty Dora certainly qualifies for that. Can't wait. 8)

Here's some P-39 for Africa, sorry there so big. For some reason when I shrink them they loose clarity

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 77
Looks like I'm set for a Beaufighter AND a B-25 for the MTO/North Africa GB then, eh?
I hope that I don't get a nasty rash from touching that Revell B-25J with raised panel lines! :oops: :lol:

On the other hand, there's still time for someone to release a B-25J with resessed lines....here's to hoping! :lol:

Very cool then Jan, Looks like I got my work cut out then!!! :lol:

I'd say so Tiger! :lol:

I think it will be interesting as I found this just a minute ago on the cover of one of my books from squadron signal. There has got to be a story behind it to find two different profiles.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
B*ll*cks! I have that book as well, back in Sweden....did never notice the "13" on the cover. Could be because it's from my Pre "13" period...:lol:
Most likely I'd have seen that today...:oops:

On one hand....the J is a crossing between C and H I've heard...:lol:

B*ll*cks! I have that book as well, back in Sweden....did never notice the "13" on the cover. Could be because it's from my Pre "13" period...:lol:
Most likely I'd have seen that today...:oops:

On one hand....the J is a crossing between C and H I've heard...:lol:

Well being a vet of 137 missions Im sure it will have an interesting story behind it. :D

Thought the profile Jan sent seemed familar. I've got the Squadron Signal book too, so that's where I must have seen it. And no Jan, you can't do a 'J' from the earlier versions - totally different top turret and nav bay layout, as was the mid section, tail, engine nacelles and some other details. There's nothing wrong with the raised panel lines on the Revell/Monogram kit, and you can always sand them off - the Mitchell was fairly smooth anyway, and with bare metal areas, you can vary the shade to represent panels - or re-scribe, there aren't many to do!

So, you wouldn't say that the J version is an H with the glass nose from C? The H has the turret and the side blisters in the correct places. Only difference is the glass veranda instead for a solid nose...and possibly somewhat different canopy.

Bugger! :lol:

Just found this, Pilot and crew for this mission as Im betting crew will vary from mission to mission.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 64
Looking at the "In Action" cover, it seems that the noseart was on both sides....

Yeah I noticed that too. But I saw some other drawing or pictures with the name Peggy Lou on the co pilots side for IL-2 game. Im trying to confirm this but I have the feeling that the paint scheme may have changed over time to a certain degree for an aircraft with 137 missions under its belt.

http://www.letusallremember.com/plane3445.jpg

Last edited:
Missed to say "Thanks" for the list of the crew, Paul....thanks! :oops: 137 Missions isn't too shabby for a machine numbered "13", eh? 8)
Wonder if there are any pics around for the other B-25 squadrons that flew a 13, 81st BS and 437th BS...

Missed to say "Thanks" for the list of the crew, Paul....thanks! :oops: 137 Missions isn't too shabby for a machine numbered "13", eh? 8)
Wonder if there are any pics around for the other B-25 squadrons that flew a 13, 81st BS and 437th BS...

Your welcome Jan, Im not sure about other 13 aircraft. So far the one we've talked about is the only one Ive seen so far at least for B-25's

Sweet work Paul! You're sure making your "Group Build Tech Support" well worthy! Nice Job! :thumbright: :notworthy:

Edit: I see that the nose art is larger than it's made out to be in the Osprey book...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back