MY FIND

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Local mountains.
believe it or not several sources date at appx 10,000 years old.

Attachments

• arrow_sm.jpg
    arrow_sm.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 132
Hmmmm.....based on initial observation, I'd have to say that quarter isn't more than 40 years old. The arrowheads, though, are frikkin cool!

Will the land be off limits now as the natives will claim it 's a tradional burial sight

Not quite... it was a stream bed. In 5 trips I've found 4 points. I didnt dig, just picked over river stones

Great find mate! Look at the workmanship in the second one especially!

My father (who lives in ireland) found a beautiful stone axehead on his land, absolutely perfect condition (not used much, it seems). He showed me where he found it, and after a look around I managed to find a saddle-quern!(large stone, worked flat on one side, for grinding wheat and corn). Both are now in the National Museum in Dublin, the axehead supposedly 5-6000 years old, and the saddle-quern around 4000.

When you look at the workmanship in these things, it's amazing to think they achieved with flints and stones what today would be a hell of a job even with modern power tools...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back