MY FIND

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
3,583
29
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Location
FL
Local mountains.
believe it or not several sources date at appx 10,000 years old.

.
 

Attachments

  • arrow_sm.jpg
    arrow_sm.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 160
Hmmmm.....based on initial observation, I'd have to say that quarter isn't more than 40 years old. The arrowheads, though, are frikkin cool!
 
Hmmmm.....based on initial observation, I'd have to say that quarter isn't more than 40 years old. ....

:lol:
 
Cool find!
 
Will the land be off limits now as the natives will claim it 's a tradional burial sight

Not quite... it was a stream bed. In 5 trips I've found 4 points. I didnt dig, just picked over river stones
 
Great find mate! Look at the workmanship in the second one especially!

My father (who lives in ireland) found a beautiful stone axehead on his land, absolutely perfect condition (not used much, it seems). He showed me where he found it, and after a look around I managed to find a saddle-quern!(large stone, worked flat on one side, for grinding wheat and corn). Both are now in the National Museum in Dublin, the axehead supposedly 5-6000 years old, and the saddle-quern around 4000.

When you look at the workmanship in these things, it's amazing to think they achieved with flints and stones what today would be a hell of a job even with modern power tools...
 
Nice.

My dad found a ancient tool made out of rock on a mine dump.
 
nice finds cosimo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back