My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Jan, some really good pics there, just about what I was lookin for.... Too bad they're B&W....

Wojtek, u got it spot on man, thanks for the zip file.... More color profiles guys..... Wurger did good, but need more options....

Attachments

• panther A_7.jpg
    panther A_7.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 274
  • panther A_3.jpg
    panther A_3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 85
  • panther A.jpg
    panther A.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 265
:D :D

Unfortunately I have found one colour profile and some B&W pics mostly from Ardenas only. :(
But still trying.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ardeny.jpg
    ardeny.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 73
  • armo72413_instr02.jpg
    armo72413_instr02.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 119
  • panther Ardeny.jpg
    panther Ardeny.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 94
  • panther-2.jpg
    panther-2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Panther AufsG_winter Ardeny.jpg
    Panther AufsG_winter Ardeny.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Panther Aufs A Ardeny.jpg
    Panther Aufs A Ardeny.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 80
Doing the Zimmerit isnt too hard really.

Spread some putty thinly and then use a small flat head screw driver to get the texture.

Having said that Dragon kits are making their tank kits with it moulded on these days :)

Yes Heinz you are right, it is easy to make it yourself.As I remember the Zimmerit is offered by accessories makers.I have to look for.

I've found it.Here some pics of the kits and some links that can be useful for you Dan.

Axis WWII Discussion Group: Panther 'hard edge' camo in Normandie- Pz Regt I./24 update/rehash

http://www.monroeperdu.com/NormandyPanther.jsp

Mission Models :: 1/35 Resin Kits Conversions :: Atak Zimmerit :: Atak 35012 - Zimmerit Panther A

SouthEast Hobbies | ATAK Zimmerit Catalogue

Attachments

• 35012.jpg
    35012.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 35019.jpg
    35019.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 91
  • 35021.jpg
    35021.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 92
You're welcome Dan.:D

I think that these Zimmerit sheets are easier to stick to a model surfaces than making Zimmerit yourself. But, for sure the second method is cheaper :lol: and possible to be faster with a way I know.The knife is unnecessary.

You didn't want to put a basic undercoat on first? I'm not an armour guy, but would have thought that getting the airbrush into all the nooks and crannies would have proven difficult.

Very good so far, mate.

Some Armour modellers build the entire kit, then paint and weather, so I guess there are some small hard to get at areas that dont get any paint!
Usually those places aren't seen anyway...once it is on display.
While others biuld and paint components as they go along..
Each to his own, I guess!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back