My FIRST WORKBENCH : NAKAJIMA A6M2-N type 2 Hidrofighter (RUFE) 1/48 Tamiya

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After an intense period of work outside the city , finally I can continue my Nipo I am happy to share progress, not without first thanking all your kind visits to the table; waiting are well join me in this ...

Once dry, the delineation of the settlement and cross gies propeller, I proceed to remove the maskin and this was:

We started doing these carefully chipped arise both salt and Maskol.

I intend to give a finish that lets us see a hydroplane that saved his skin and had a long life.
I hope not too much exaggeration, so your opinion and knowledge will support me to do my best.

Gently gave a light sanding with fine sandpaper to polish a little rough and may be observed in the previous photos those white stripes, were a bit thick, so a little sanding were improved ... then I detailed all hydro ...

A pair of panoramic workshop sanding ... lol !!

...if you realize, with light sanding begin to emerge that make certain tones more vivid tone hydro (and not yet started washing) ... I like the
hue adopted.

The same sanded on hinomarus found a little yellow base that gave them ... and ... not displease me thinking a little the wear of them by the sun and saltpeter in the region ... Doing some effect the "burnt and tired" paint .... (I would be interested any opinion and suggestion)

Now ... we mask to give a lighter tone stabilizers, rudder and ailerons; as many airplanes of the time they had in fabric control surfaces and suffering from increased wear of paint. Slight aerografeada, trying the effect.

...prepare the color in an empty bottle and ... paint !!

Leveraging show as became the variation in tone of the fabric pieces with respect to the metal ... I took to mark the pontoons panels again ... (who lost the panels in the process)

I like how he goes looking boy (although I have a concern about it, but the comment a little later)

I'm entering uncharted territory for me , both in the care of the details applying what I learned best, as well as in the historical knowledge of Nakajima, leading me to do a real work as possible. ( not sure if my English was correct )

Now I think I need advice from You guys
... please tell me something !!!

Cheers,
SANCER

Thanks for visiting Wurger and Gnomey.

Leaving get some rest this ... let's paint and detail to make the guns of the wing and nose, using the hypodermic needle ...
In this overview we prepare the work area ... and in this case to manipulate the needles for cutting with dremel ... (let me tell you) ..

I am LAE profession (Business Administration) and is a phrase that has always impressed me and I have used in all aspects of my life, which is: "THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A BETTER WAY OF DOING THINGS" ... and applies all kinds of situations from small and insignificant as "taking needles to cut them with the dremel without risking your fingers" (as it did before) ... lol

I did the test with 3 different calibers (yellow, green and black) and just put the red reference:

I decided to use the yellow for Type 99 autocannon 20 mm. wing and green for light machine guns Type 97 7.7 mm from the nose (they worked with an emery to give the finish)

And passes through a flame to enhance the effect of steel burned by shrapnel ...

I removed the machine guns in the kit and replace ....

You can see that the fuel caps with red painted pure brush.
I decided to paint 3 of the 5 to give originality ...(OBSERVED IN SOME ORIGINAL IMAGES) 8)

On another detail, using the drills, I decided to make the holes in the cowling exhausts with my set of drills and "rattail" Jeweler limes...

So far this little advance dear friends, hoping for the workbench is to your liking and pending your kind comments to it.

A hug and keep in touch. 8)
SANCER

I am finally up to speed with this thread, fabulous work . I love your attention to detail, and your logical and systematic approach. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my Luis, it's taken me some time to catch up but it was well worth every frame. You have good modelling skills mate and your methodical approach does you credit.

I am finally up to speed with this thread, fabulous work . I love your attention to detail, and your logical and systematic approach. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my Luis, it's taken me some time to catch up but it was well worth every frame. You have good modelling skills mate and your methodical approach does you credit.

"Practice makes perfect" goes the saying, and I'm happy to see the way to work and try. I'm mounted on the train.
Your comments and recommendations, I take them very seriously.

Soon I continue with photos and chat.

Saludos

Last edited:
Hello again.
Continuing, I made stuff for a first detailed with chalk pastels.

I gave a general brush stroke, intensifying shades in different areas for variety ... this is by mixing brown and red tones ....

... with a clean damp cloth and gently used it in wind direction (fore and aft, as the boatmen say -) ... only standardizing the application of chalk ....

... few photos of the finished, before moving on to some details before varnishing ...

To summarize a bit: We can see that it is already noticeable tonal range in the hydro, and really is due to the varied tones of aluminum, mild sanded we gave to the surface after applying the exterior color and washing with pastels .... do not start with the oils and timed !! ...

.... but that will be after varnishing to place the decals and paint some other pieces ...

I leave you with this picture and see you soon !!

Hasta pronto!!

SANCER

It's been a while since the last post of the great Nakajima.

I've gone a bit in the process but had not had time to upload the photos . (shall know that starting with a P-40 and I'm handing out time)

So without wasting time I show my progress. Join me ... 8)

Do you remember my homemade "mini-punches"?

Well, we gave a detailed to the fuel caps ...

the front cap, with a sheet of circles retouch the outlineI made the detail with punches and brush painted again.

I decided to retouch the Hinomarus to raise the tone of red and make more discrete chipped ... I made some new sheets for masking and ... down to work

I took advantage of that "aerografearía" (do not know how to translate) in red, to the "enmascarillado" (also not find translation) of the ribbons that carry the propeller blades ...

(I'm liking this of "enmascarillar" detail .... I have seen works of many colleagues on the forum that are simply breathtaking and didactic !! ... so also to do our "first steps" .... !!)

... I made reference to some real photos and decals kit.

... ready !!

...to be continued...

Users who are viewing this thread