My Goof

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

diddyriddick

Staff Sergeant
May 29, 2009
Hamlet, NC, US
It has come to my attention that a joke that I posted here was construed as crossing the political ban here. I assure you all that I intended no political statement one way or the other; rather, I wanted to share what I thought was funny.

My apologies to both the membership and the mods. It won't happen again.

Geez....I feel like Patton after the slapping incident!
:lol:

No probs Diddy. I thought it was funny and didn't read any political intent intent into it but that's just me.

Thanks to the mods for keeping us all straight.

I thought it was funny also and didn't read anything political into it - you could have substituted any US president into the joke. But I think it's a good idea for the site owners to discourage political debate - there are plenty of forums on the internet where you can do that. I belong to a few modeling sites where politics are allowed and it just leads to a lot of bad blood and name-calling. I engaged in those debates a few times, got called a effing idiot half a dozen times and then I thought, "this is stupid, I'm not here for politics, I'm here for modeling."

We used to have a political section on the site, but things got out of control so the mod's removed it. (thank goodness)

Now we can argue over the best bomber or worst aircraft, which is far more important! :)

It has come to my attention that a joke that I posted here was construed as crossing the political ban here. I assure you all that I intended no political statement one way or the other; rather, I wanted to share what I thought was funny.

My apologies to both the membership and the mods. It won't happen again.

Geez....I feel like Patton after the slapping incident!
:lol:

All's good. As other's have responded, politics are taboo. We have lost quite a few members over arguments that have gotten out of hand.

Last time I read that one, it was Seamus and Paddy down at the Wilted Shamrock, who get ahold of Bin Laden's phone number somehow. Result was pretty much the same, except I think they started out at a higher level of inebriation.

Got lotsa respect for you, for posting this thread, though! :thumbleft:

diddy you cant be responsible for what has gone before, it was funny but the mods have experience of jokes turning sour i suppose

Yep... believe it or not, us Mods actually like you doinks. And we don't want to be put in a position wherein we have to play bad cop. Keeping all of you on the forum is our Prime Directive. Honestly. Diddy didn't cross the line. My response was perhaps too harsh, as I intended it to be somewhat humorous (yet serious). Forgot to include the funny " :lol: "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back