My models (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
yeah, I'm a modeler. XD kinda inexperienced. Jandreau on deviantART

but I'm thinking of redoing the spitfire I have. it's such a mess. there's a lot of gaps, some of the parts didn't fit together well, plus I wanna try a camouflaging scheme to the next one.

can anyone give me any advice for camouflaging?

The P-40 and the Spitfire actually look pretty good. You might want to fool around with these.

1. Try checking some of the pics in the threads for cam schemes and placement of the decals, such as numbers and markings. See exactly where they sit on a plane.

2. Try to pick up something call Dullcote to wash over the model and take the glare aware. Gives a good dull look like in real life. The others might have something better but that is what I use mostly.

3. Get some Superglue to fill the seams. You may need to play around with a test model (something that you're not too fond of) and once dry sand it to fill.

Other members are much better versed than I but thats what I used to get started with the look. Most important is a little research. And this place is the best for that. You'll find what you need here.

Good points Njaco.

However,I think that the Trebor's first step should be to remove these old paints from the model.Unless he doesn't want to do it.Now the model should be prepared for paintig ( your third point is for that) In addition, Trebor can use a putty as well to make these gaps filled,then these should be sanded and polished.
The next step is find a camo pattern which is interesting for him ( like you have suggested at the first point).Also, the good solution is to find a good quality decal sheet with markings for early Spitfires.Mostly there are camo patterns included.There is a problem when we want to make model with markings that aren't offered by publishers.But even in the case it is possible to cope with this.
The step third is to paint the model with proper paints. ( as Trebor said he was going to buy an airbrush,so there shouldn't be any problem for proper painting.
The fourth step is to put gloss cote on the model in order to make surfaces of the model smooth.Why? It is easy decals stick better when the surface is smooth.
The fifth step is tou put on the model matt cote in order to make model not only matt but also for giving decals protection.

The weathering is not needed for this time.Although.... If Trebor use a light-grey primer before he start airbrushing the camo pattern ,he can make preshading with a black paint going along the panel lines in model surface.A thin coating of camo paints will cause the effect.

BTW Nice models Trebor. :D

lol dankeschön, Der adler. and XD is an emoticon. the X represents squinted eyes, and the D represents a laughing mouth.

thanks, Wurger. can you PM me for brands of the stuff I'd need or for more details? or if you've got any instant messengers, I'd be happy to give ya mine. it's in my profile.

Hi Trebor,
Unfortunately,I haven't had any instant mesengers so far.But If you need you can always send me PM via the forum or my regular e-mail post.The e-mail address you can find in my profile.You can feel free to ask me for anything you need

Ah... if you send something to me via mu regular mail let me know about it firstly.My spam filter has to be informed about your mail else it will be thrown away.

THX Wurger. I'm still trying to get it right after starting up the hobby after a lay-off of 30 yrs. Only found out about Dullcote and superglue a few years ago. Your way is much better!

lol I never knew about dullcote, but I do have modeling cement.

Nice P 40 that looked really good.

The spitfire is ok but I think you have put the undercarridge on backwards?
Dont worry I've done it myself :lol:

Wurger is the man to listen to!

Also have a snoop around the user Wayne little's threads with his models!
Very talented also.

THX guys for these nice words.I agree with Heinz, Wayne is one of the most experienced men here on the forum.

"I don't care if you pack the d*mn thing with mud and hold it together with bubble gum! As long as its a winner!!"

Sir Arthur G. Bigglesworth III
Southern Rhode Island Modelling Champion
1938, 1942, 1961, 1988

:)

Nice P 40 that looked really good.

The spitfire is ok but I think you have put the undercarridge on backwards?
Dont worry I've done it myself :lol:

Wurger is the man to listen to!

Also have a snoop around the user Wayne little's threads with his models!
Very talented also.

*looks at it* hmmm, nope. it's just a lil bit of a defect. the undercarriage fits in there like water and electricity. =|

and I shall snoop around his threads.

Edit: oh thank you for your comment on the P-40 XD I'm most proud of it ^_^ it goes together very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back