My Return To Modeling, The Bf 109F-4 of Viktor Bauer...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you have any painters tape, that works good too. Use Elmers Glue for your clear parts. Avoid a paint scheme that makes judicious use of feathering.
This will help hide the fact that you don't have an airbrush.

Well heres the shot.... As u can tell, the colors are wrong... I still havent painted the bottom yet.... That will happen soon enough...

Attachments

• Halloweenie 009.jpg
    Halloweenie 009.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 120
Hi Les,
I think everything is OK..Have you mixed these colour,you have?For me the painting looks graet.Although a quality if the paint layers is not visible ( it is needed to be close up) and not finished yet I tell you ,well done.:D

Hey Les.... you havn't lost your touch, you old devil. Looks good....
Where's the cartridge ejection covers for the wings ? Where's the
canopy ? Minor details.......

Charles

Couple more pics of progress.... I have now finished the underside with the correct RLM color since these pics were taken.... I ll take some new pics tomorrow..

Attachments

• Halloweenie 047.jpg
    Halloweenie 047.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 114
  • Halloweenie 046.jpg
    Halloweenie 046.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 108
OK, new pics.... As u can see, i still have some work to do, touchups/weathering etc.....

I was thinking of doing a few bullet holes... Any advice on the proper way of doing them???

Attachments

• Halloweenie 075.jpg
    Halloweenie 075.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Halloweenie 076.jpg
    Halloweenie 076.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Halloweenie 077.jpg
    Halloweenie 077.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 78
Les, For bullet holes, I first decide if they're coming or going, what kinda round caused it and are they singular or in a row, so to speak.

I take a sharp pointed exacto knife tip and make a light drilling action with it until the point penetrates the plastic. I can then heat up the knife blade and use it to mold the plastic outward or however is best. And most holes are irregular so I try to keep that in mind without over doing it. But I practice on some scrap plastic or crap Tamiya model :lol: until it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back