My sincere apologies.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THAT Leary character did WHAT to the Flag

Yeah, he had me right up until the bit about wiping his mouth with the flag.
I despise my government, but I love my country. This place might be (Might be?) messed up, but the flag is something I feel.... dammit, I don't know how to express it.
Too many good men, and women died for the idea it expresses.
My Dad, a World War Two Veteran, was buried under it.
That is all I can say.
Nothing against you, Chris, I know you just posted the @sshole song in the spirit of @sshole.

Last edited:
Having been away from the States for several years, Annie and I were at the Canberra Aus War Memorial for Australia Day ceremonies one year. The avenue from the steps to Lake Berley Griffin is a mile long (=/-) and the parade was turning at the lake up the avenue, Aussie flags everywhere. THEN............ the US Marine contingent turned the corner............... That Flag......... my god it stands out amongst any! Was quite a sight mate, quite the sight. I'll have to look for the photo on our other computer.

As always, brings a tear to the eye! I'm not ashamed to admit it. Good on you, Bill, I know you gave a cheer for the "Old Glory"!
Long may she wave!

The last lines of one of my favorites:

It is the Veteran, who salutes the Flag,

It is the Veteran, who serves under the Flag,

To be buried by the flag,

So the protester can burn the flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back