My Wimpy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jgonzalez

Airman 1st Class
Sep 30, 2007
Barranquilla, Colombia
Here is my progress on my Trumpeter 1:48 Vickers Wellington Mk. III

The cockpit
IMG_1357.jpg

The pinkish interior fabric
IMG_1358.jpg

The turrets
IMG_1361.jpg

Main wheel pits and engines
IMG_1402.jpg

The body is ready
IMG_1403.jpg

The geodetic wings
IMG_1404.jpg

Ready for priming
IMG_1406.jpg

Almost there...
IMG_1407.jpg

and.... the mess :oops:
IMG_1408.jpg

More pics soon (before christmas...)

Nice progress! It's looking good.

Matt, they're cutting mats, I need one so I don't destroy my kitchen table, I don't have the luxury of a dedicated modelling area.

Thanks you guys. I must finish her before Christmas (hoping there will be something really nice under the tree... something plastic!)

Excellent.

BTW. What is the allure of the green mats with the ruled lines? I don't get it. I see all of the non-US folks with them.

It is a self-healing cutting mat, not only protects your table (there isn't much left to protect anyway...), but it helps keeping your hobby knife sharp. Down here you find them in different colors and systems (metric or imperial). I find the green one the best because it gives a nice contrast against light colored plastic pieces. For green or dark color kits (e.g. Tamiya's Zero A6M5c) there is a light-pink one.

As for the kit, it is beautiful. At first I was a little scared (I kind of have a "made in China" PTS). But this model is well done. Except for the rear wheel pit and the buttom part of the nose, the fit is almost perfect.
The gun turrets and the engines are real model-candy.

Wildcat I'm building the RAF 115th Squad

Excellent Wellington J'Gon! Coming on very nicely.
Matt, those mats are available in imperial measurement, normally from graphics supplies stores, from A4 up to A1 sizes. I keep forgetting I've got my ex-print industry one (American made), and I've never used the measurement grid anyway!
I'll either have to start using it, or buy a new desk, the trenches from scalpel cuts are getting rather deep!

With all guys here.:D Nice work.:D

Concerning these cutting mats.On one side they are in metric and on the another one in inches.So I agree with Wayne.:D :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back