MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And yet you sleep. I would have bought every Claymore on graigslist and beyond. Grizzly. My ass, or his, if i dont the get my Claymores.
Those guys ripp you open head to tow just to see if there is honey inside.

All good Mike; doors were open and I was keeping an eye on it. Back in the 80's, me and buddy were fishing the Skwawka River at the head of Jervis Inlet. We came to a fork in the river created by a log jam and looked for the easiest route to portage the Sportyak. He went down the main run and I took the detour. Coming over top of the rise I met a Grizzly, about as close as the second to last photo above. We stared at each other for a few years....or maybe it was seconds and then, armed with only a fishing rod and my Schrade Uncle Henry I slowly backed up to the boat and we decided to portage down the main run

Last edited:
A little fun fact about Jervis Inlet (A on the map). I can't remember the exact date or name but during the 1930's, a Hollywood movie mogul built an isolated lodge up Jervis Inlet at the mouth of Princess Louisa Inlet and named it Malibu(B). He invited all his Hollywood friends here. Not sure how long he owned it or subsequent owners but it is now a religious youth camp

Living in Powell River, I logged in various camps, Daniels River (C), Goat Lake (D) and Quatam River (G) and one town logging job at St Vincent's Bay (E). I spent five years log booming on Nelson Island at (F)

That's a good one George, I'lll have to show it to my wife

Here in Chicago the biggest wild life we see is rabbits and rats although a coyote was killed by a train a 1/2 mile east of here, and there was that cougar that the cops shot a couple of blocks south of me about 10 years ago. I guess we do have wildlife around here.

That's what we always say when hiking in a group - you don't need to be able to run fast, just faster than the slowest guy. Lots of wildlife here in my area. We live within the Calgary city limits but there is a huge provincial park running through its south end which I get to on regular walks. I've seen coyotes lots of times there, a fox once, a moose, lots of deer, and we have a bobcat family roaming our neighbourhood now. Once, a coyote crossed my path about 20 metres from me but by the time I got my phone out to snap a pic, he was too far away. A little further west, still within city limits, there have been cougar alerts (the 4 legged kind) and the occasional bear.

Geo, I sailed twice with friends out of Comox up around your camp G area. Stunning scenery. Pics are all on film which I should digitize one of these days.

Another fun fact about Jervis Inlet I should have included. Back in the 70's, my future inlaws were puttering around at the mouth of the inlet in their 18 footer and approached a large anchored yacht. A man on the deck waved at them to come over and tie up to his yacht. When the inlaws got up to the deck they were greeted by John Wayne who gave them a tour

USS YMS-328 - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread