MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I came very close to taking it. Not mine but the missus playing with her new camera. She's never had a serious camera before, its a Canon Powershot SX540 HS

1626408354387.png

Thanks guys; about to be bombarded. I've had the camera for years but never really played with the different settings. I managed to get the water in motion at a hand-held 1/15 of a second

motion1.jpg

motion2.jpg

A comparison between 1/125 and 1/15 of a second

motion3.jpg
motion4.jpg

I somehow managed to get the same car with the background blurred and then the car blurred

motion5.jpg

motion6.jpg

Last edited:
I've deleted many photos lately because the camera would focus on anything other than what I wanted so I set the camera to "Auto-Depth of Field" and played with the F-stop. One thing I happily found out; if you push the fire button down to preview, it focuses on the background, if you do it a second time, the focus changes

dof1.jpg

dof2.jpg

dof3.jpg

dof4.jpg

dof5.jpg

dof6.jpg

I never noticed the two flies when I took the photo

dof7.jpg

dof8.jpg

dof9.jpg

Last edited:
I've deleted many photos lately because the camera would focus on anything other than what I wanted so I set the camera to "Auto-Depth of Field" and played with the F-stop. One thing I happily found out; if you push the fire button down to preview, it focuses on the background, if you do it a second time, the focus changes

I never noticed the two flies when I took the photo

You have wild flowers and we have wild fires. Do you want to trade?

I have been praying for our rainfall to be moved into the fires and hot temperature spots. We have had the last six weeks of daily rain storms, some severe cloud bursts, along the Gulf coast in the Southern US. The good news is that it has kept the temperature below 90F except for maybe six days. We also had an unusually long and mild spring through March to May with little rain. That was due to the change in the jetstream. I enjoyed the springtime building and painting. Now the humidity is such that glue and paint don't dry. My models are controlline, so balsa. Of course, with the yard being soggy, I can't cut grass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back