My WW2 photos/Vids album

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A group of sailors take five on the wing of a Royal Navy Grumman Hellcat of the Fleet Air Arm on board an aircraft carrier in Southeast Asian waters. Note the blue and white painted wing roundel without the usual red centre. This was done to prevent any confusion with the all-red roundel, known as the Hinomaru (literally: circle of the sun) used by Japanese aircraft – nicknamed the "Meatball" by American flyers.

From the moment i was old enough to understand the principles of flight, it's been my life long dream/ambition to build a full scale airworthy Hurricane. Sadly life got in the way for the first 25 years, but i finally have the drive+resources (kinda) to make it happen. Im not stupid enough to think it will be easy or even possible. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere. And what better way to get going than studying my trusty Haynes manual.......

Flypast, and going vertical. Philanthropist and businessman John Caudwell won an auction lot to be a passenger in a former RAF Lightning fighter jet as an attempt was made to set a world record to climb to 9,000 metres over Cape Town, South Africa. John, a fixed wing and helicopter pilot, was in the passenger seat as the record was set at 102 seconds from brakes-off to the 9km high target. The Lightning is one of a fleet of classic, veteran and vintage military aircraft owned and operated by Thunder City. John since invested in the company. The flight took place in 2005 at Ysterplaat Air Show in South Africa. Arguably one of the best jet aircraft ever to come out of England, and from the unlikely stable of English Electric i give you the Lightning.... View: https://youtu.be/weFxi7CcGR4

Users who are viewing this thread