My WW2 photos/Vids album

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do-335s on the apron at Oberpfaffenhofen at the war's end, including unfinished two-seat versions
800px-Oberpfaffenhofen_Do-335s.jpg

Figure it was something like that Terry. Smokey, it's not a Mk IX. The radiator/oil cooler configuration coupled with the 3 stack exhausts makes it a Mk V
I didnt say it was a mark IX. I was just explaining the difference between the mk V and IX. i.e. the lack of port side radiator on mk V and twin rads on mk IX. The difference is subtle, but it sure came as a shock to a lot of Fw 190 pilots who made the same mis i.d. mistake. Likened a little to the F4F & F6F. A lot of experienced Japanese pilots had a shock when using the same tactics on the hellcat that they did with the wildcat. For some it would be their very last mistake....

pictures-world-war-ii-06.jpg
It's kind of like that episode from the Twilight Zone, but it doesn't look like these three men have any reading glasses. There were still plenty of books that were ripe for the taking

Last edited:
Post # 254 The 'Carry On' movies are re-made in Germany, with "Fortfahren Knodel" !
Really? Well i never knew that. Hmmm, a German made carry on film. Not quite sure how that would work but still.
How about Carry on up the eagles nest.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back