My WW2 photos/Vids album (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The deadly Jagdpanzer V Jagdpanther. The main armament was a powerful 8.8 cm Pak43 or 434 L71. The Jagdpanther was a tank destroyer based on the chassis of the Panther. Unknown date and location. Probably Normandy summer 1944
2d3abc8e8a2f2ec796d8769d7fb5fb48.jpg

One day in the summer of 1943 the c/o of a Lancaster airbase made this film, even though it was highly unusual and strictly forbidden to film/document a day/night in the life of a heavy bomber squadron. He simply picked up his new camera and started shooting. I can't recall the c/o's name. But it's just a no nonsense, no dramatic propaganda or rustic music score. The whole film (around 56mins) used to be available on youtube but i can no longer find it, only this extract. It was a genuine glimpse into the goings on and preparations for a night raid over Europe and a very important piece of history. If anyone knows what im referring to and can help locate the full film it would be much appreciated. And a part of history well worth sharing. Note, the average combat life expectancy at that time for a Lanc was only 40hrs flying time. It really hits home just how brave these young guys were to climb into a cold dark cramped space time and time again.

View: https://youtu.be/rpLs5xdYa7k

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back