My WWII book collection- so far....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

some of my WW2 books..i have several more but they are scattered here and there.. some are old from WW2 and some are new.. and some are in between. wish i had more shelfs..have a closet filled up also..
in the shelfs i guess its 95% WW2 books..just puleld out a few Ww2 german books and a couple of norwegian books for the pics here

Attachments

• bøker 001.jpg
    bøker 001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 82
  • bøker 002.jpg
    bøker 002.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 90
  • bøker 003.jpg
    bøker 003.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 93
  • bøker 004.jpg
    bøker 004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 88
I have a pretty decent collection. In my little library/computer office room we have 3 ceiling high book shelves and 2 shelves half the size of those filled with books. I would say about 500+ books (plus I have another 250+ in storage). Not all of them are military/ww2 though or aviation related though. I just did a quick count and 87 of them are directly WW2 related. An equal amount though are my wife's Biology books.

Chris tell you lovely bride to get rid of the Bio books, there is not enough room for you expanding collection

like I said earlier the stuff is scattered where it is not suppose to be. 2 whole shelves on the Kriegsmarine plus 3 thick data books.
two shevles cover BC command specifically along with the LW Nachtjagd arm and 2 six inch through data file/books with personal interviews

for my own personal data-books to author the stuff is everywhere, the JG 301 and data files reside on one shelf and it looks like after peering over they are all going to fall all over the floor

I have a pretty decent collection. In my little library/computer office room we have 3 ceiling high book shelves and 2 shelves half the size of those filled with books. I would say about 500+ books (plus I have another 250+ in storage). Not all of them are military/ww2 though or aviation related though. I just did a quick count and 87 of them are directly WW2 related. An equal amount though are my wife's Biology books.

Wow, how long did that take to get all those books

I'm a :newb:at expanding my book collection :lol:

cool collection :) wish i had that space :) all in all i guess i have about 50 books from WW2

the last book in the corner is a german book published in 1938 and it describes the pilots..the radinaviagtors and the luft artillery .. some very nice pictures in it :)

did someone say WW 2 ? I have a thousand plus last counted 5 years ago..............yeah I know that doesn't help much with you guys starting out, but at least you are starting. both my bride and I have been historical nutz since birth

Well here go's nothing, some of the books in my collection :oops:

Attachments

• Picture2 006.jpg
    Picture2 006.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture2 005.jpg
    Picture2 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Picture2 004.jpg
    Picture2 004.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture2 003.jpg
    Picture2 003.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture2 002.jpg
    Picture2 002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture2 007.jpg
    Picture2 007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture2 008.jpg
    Picture2 008.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture2 009.jpg
    Picture2 009.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture2 010.jpg
    Picture2 010.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 67
Either youre using a wide angle lens that is distorting things, or your bookshelf is buckling.

:lol:

Well the book shelf wont buckle I made it, its made out of 12 X 6's. Its not the prettiest but it gets the job done. Each shelf is 5 feet long. :D

Jeez Paul! :lol: in your 6th picture down on the left are those Osprey and the JG53 books who publishes them?

The JG 53 books are published by Schiffer Military History. Its actually a 3 volume set but I currently only have 2. JG 3 books are published by the same company. The JG 300 books are published by Eagles Ediions LTD. The JG 26 books are published by Grub Street London. The small white books on the right are some of the osprey books I have in the 6th picture. This is an accumination of around 25 to 30 years of collecting books. I do have more in a book case down star's though I dont read those much. Mainly on modern day stuff around the 1990's. None of the pictures really show my research material either that I have in traper keepers.

Oh, how many plane manuals, books and what not are downloaded on you PC?

Well my secondary hard drive is almost full with around 75 gig of pdf books, aircraft manuals, military documents and data and I have around 100 RW cd roms full of more info.

Paul good show........... I'll take a full front view later of my largest of the library

the JG 53 volumes like all the major LW unit histories by Dr. Jochen Prien were produced through Struve Druck Verlag in Eutin, excellent and for me better than the English versions in both text and especially the pics which in the Americanized version are quite dark.

Paul good show........... I'll take a full front view later of my largest of the library

the JG 53 volumes like all the major LW unit histories by Dr. Jochen Prien were produced through Struve Druck Verlag in Eutin, excellent and for me better than the English versions in both text and especially the pics which in the Americanized version are quite dark.

Thanks Erich, I would love to see your main collection. Ive thought about buying the orgial Priens books but not being able to read German really puts a handy cap on me for what the price of these books go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back