My WWII book collection- so far....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I have probably 1/10 of what you have. :lol: I have near 40-45 books. I 'm always looking to expand when I can find a good deal. :D

Here's my modest collection, mainly stuff pertaining to the RAAF and Australians in WWII. The pink and white box is chock full of RAAF Vengeance and Liberator combat reports.8)

Attachments

• 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 90
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 87
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 93
2 of my biggest passions are books and old newspapers. I have close to 1,200 books in total (paper backs included)- with slightly over 80% being WW2 related. My favorites are called Illustrated World War II Encyclopedia by Lt Col Bauer. It's 24 Volumes and almost 3,400 pages.

One of my "fun" projects this weekend is trying to finish the new shelves so I can get them organized.

When it comes to pdf files, I probably have close to 200 - but 99.99% of them I got from Paul!

Life would be so much easier and organized if I had nothing but pdf files, but there is just something about holding a book and reading to me.

Very cool collection there Wildcat, I havent heard of some of those. May have to check them out.

Great book collections there. Very impressive and nice. My personal library is still in the making...
I was wondering, does anyone mark his books with ex libris?

Here is what my collection looked like before I moved. TG I took pics so I can put them back in order!

Does everyone own those "Aircraft of Axis, Britain, America" books? Seems like their all over!

Attachments

• Picture%20040.jpg
    Picture%20040.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture%20041.jpg
    Picture%20041.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 101
Does everyone own those "Aircraft of Axis, Britain, America" books? Seems like their all over!

So it seems. I've noticed that too...
Nice library you got there Chris. At the first glace I thought what a strange way to hold books... That was before I realized you have rotated the photos so we could read titles easier... :lol:

Just realized I forgot a small section of books that are on some shelves I built in to my desk.

"Maus I/II" are graphic novels about a Polish mouse who was in the army when the German cats came rolling through. He's telling the story to his son.

Willie and Joe are...well...the entire collection of everything Bill Mauldin ever drew.

The one without a title (second from right) is the "yearbook" I got at bootcamp. And the Sgt. Rock is an anthology put out by DC with a lot of old comics in it. One day I'll finish it, and maybe order the 2nd...

Attachments

• IMG_4818.JPG
    IMG_4818.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I guess the first thing to ask you Harrison is what type of books are you looking for, books on specific aircraft. Aircraft squadrons or history on campaigns say like the battle of britian. I think Erich will agree, really good research books can cost quite a penny and well the really good ones are very rare to find at a good price as they seem to increase as they get older.

Like aircraft monographs. Profiles and what not would be what I'm mainly interested in. I have some older books, stories, like "Good is my copilot" and Ginger Lacey Fighter Pilot. But Wojtek has referred me to AJ Press and Kaegero I believe that's how it's spelled...not sure. Any other references would be great!

Like aircraft monographs. Profiles and what not would be what I'm mainly interested in. I have some older books, stories, like "Good is my copilot" and Ginger Lacey Fighter Pilot. But Wojtek has referred me to AJ Press and Kaegero I believe that's how it's spelled...not sure. Any other references would be great!

Airwar Classics, Crowood aviation series and warbird tech may also interest you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back