Need Some Guidance on Final Pictures for Judging Group Builds...

Discussion in 'Start to Finish Builds' started by lesofprimus, Feb 11, 2009.

1. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    Its getting close guys to the time when pics are gonna start bein snapped for final judging....

My JV44 Dora is now sitting, collecting dust.... Im blowing it off everyday trying to keep it clear for when the final pics are done, but I frickin ready to be the first one to be judged and set the bar.....

Get ur fu*kin acts together Judges, Im chompin at the bit.....

Im also going to ask Eric to make a couple new Sections for us, to keep control of all this.... Maybe a sub section called Current Group Builds under Start to Finish, and under that a section called Completed Group Builds #1...

2. rochie

rochie Well-Known Member

Head chef
    i agree Les was wondering should there be a number of set pictures, like plan view top and bottom and both profiles, then each entrant can have a bit of license with some other shots to try and capture the judges votes ?????

3. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

Haven't had a discussion with Terry yet, but I would say pics from 45 degree angles as a minimum....that is between 1-2 o'clock, 4-5, 7-8 and 10-11 o'clock positions at roughly 30-45 degrees of height....and then some further variations to show off the lines of your build...stay tuned!

4. Lucky13

Lucky13 Forum Mascot

Nightshift picker
    Home Page:
    Will we be allowed to use "models" from our highly regarded "Breakings News" to hold our models, just to improve our chances....?

5. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Now that's cheating! Great idea, but cheating...and distracting!
    Yep, I'll e-mail Wayne this week with thoughts on the pics. What Wayne has suggested sounds about right. We'd need shots from each side and top, with the 3/4 shots from slightly above, to give an overall impression. Then, if individuals wanted to provide detail shots, that could help. But, I suggest a limit on the total number of pics submitted, in order not to 'flood' the place!.
    I'm trying to get the Photography Guide done in time, which might help some in composing their shots etc. Meanwhile, I probably have the dustiest house on the Planet, and will be trying to cover my models! No woman at home you see.......

6. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    Good stuff..... I may not need the guidance so soon now, as I decided to try and tackle my first diorarma ever.....

7. Njaco

Njaco The Pop-Tart Whisperer
    Staff Member Moderator

Animal Control Officer
    Maybe the new sections should consist of each Group build, i.e, "Reich Defense", "PTO", etc and within that have a thread for final pics along with the progress threads.