New Brazilian Model Industry - First Kit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucke.stz

Senior Airman
Apr 21, 2008
Brazil
www.spruemaster.com
Hello,

I would like to show to all the new brazilian Model Industry, it´s called Elaga, and his first kit is an Brazilian Crop Dust Aicraft called EMB-202 Ipanema.

news_embraer_ipanema.jpg

EMB_202_01_Clique-para-ampliar.jpg

It´s on 1:48 and I wrote a review on my blog (it can be traslated by the button on right top corner)

Kit Review – Elaga 1/48 Embraer EMB-202 Ipanema #0001 SprueMaster – Tudo sobre Modelismo !

Soon this model will be avaiable to re rest of the world.

best regards to all !

Last edited:
Yes, looks like that the Piper Pawnee too !

This is the first Aircraft of the world homologated to fly with combustible alcohol, as the used one in automobiles....

It looks very well produced Lucas, and it's great to see another new brand launched. Here's hoping they do well, and maybe provide some of the kits many have been waiting for across the World. Best of luck with their new venture!
Looking at the design, I guess the real thing has some impressive low-level climb and turn performance, judging by the wing-tips!

Winglets on a slow-mover? Do they provide some sort of aerodynamic job of keeping the chemicals away from the airplane after released? Otherwise, there really isn't a purpose for anti-drag devices on an airframe that's all drag. Just curious.

Nice looking kit. What other kits are being contemplated?

Sweb, I think that the winglets can work on slow flghts too, I´m a glider pilot and are a lot of gliders that have winlgets too.

A friend of mine have some planes like it, and they say me that this version of this plane with wilglets are more faster and better than the other versions that don´t have...

The next kit will be the 14 bis, the polemical "first flight" plane...

And some brasilian cars too... on 1/24

could the purpose of the winglet be as Sweb said but rather then keep the spray away from aircraft the winglets would be used to moderate the spray pattern taking in mind the wake turbulence off the wing tips

Nope. The spray pattern should be away from any wing-tip vortice, given the spray bar is along the span of the wing. I'm only taking a (sort of) calculated guess, but I think the 'winglets' will be to aid in the low-level, tight turn arena, to provide lift and stability. Bear in mind, these kites can be used in areas where the pilot needs to finish a run, and turn tight and (vey) low, possibly without overflying a neighbouring area, to 'go around' for the second run, normally in the same direction as the first. Anything which can possibly aid stability in the turn will be a bonus.

Terry,

The winglets are so usefull to reduce the parasitc drag and the ground efect too, a friend of mine have a plane like this and he says me that it is a very good improvement on airframe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back