New Jersey Takes a Left Hook

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

we where pretty lucky here, my heart really goes out to all those effected...good luck to all. :eating:

p.s. Life is best when its an adventure...but maybe this was one that would have been better without.

Looks like B17Engineer, Toughombre and myself are gonna be caught up in Hurricane Sandy the next few days. Batten down the hatches!

What's the cause of the storm?

Climate Change? or God's divine retribution for the "Real (crazy) housewives of NJ"? :p

Anyways, glad to hear NJACO the folks on the East coast havn't been swept out to sea. :eek:

So who lives on the Jersey Shore? Rich millionaires ( goofy MTV reality shows)? Or is that a middle class community?
Don't they get occasional major storms there?
And shouldn't the beachfront houses be better storm-proofed?

I just remember seeing the beachfront homes on the Gulf Coast, alot of them looklike they were made to withstand major storm surge.
When they rebuild the houses had better be prepared for an 8 or 10 foot storm surge....

Good to hear back from you, Harrison, stay safe, and keep up the excellent work, helping out those in need!

Freebird, from what I've heard (admittedly, not much, and this is not first-hand news, so take it with a grain of salt), the beach houses did sustain some damage, but it was the inland structures that really took it up the arse. Houses on the beach, or within walking distance of the beach, were built to higher standards, whereas structures a mile away from the coast were not, and were flooded and damaged. Because, you know, hurricanes actually bounce off the cheesy decor of beachfront property, and are incapable of penetrating more than two blocks inland.

What's the cause of the storm?

I just remember seeing the beachfront homes on the Gulf Coast, alot of them looklike they were made to withstand major storm surge.
When they rebuild the houses had better be prepared for an 8 or 10 foot storm surge....

Umm..........That would be 30 feet of surge along the MS Gulf Coast,I see what you mean now Freebird NE better build to 10-15" surge ;).I feel for these people I have been there and done that on 4 occassions thus far.But I find it hard when at times when you have riggers getting pelted by eggs and such and another crew told to stand down and go away for Union reason?????MS power sent there guys out 1-2 days before the storm came in to have them in place.Just hope they got treated like the crews that showed up after Katrina with kindness and respect.Staten Island looks rough!

Last edited:
Found this online....the unions must be p!ssed at whomever owns this house! Seriously, with all the crap these folks are going through, this individual deserves Obama's Nobel more than he does.

FriendlyNeighbour.jpg

I'm alive!

Actually, the storm wasn't that bad in this part of the state. Apparently since we were in the direct path and land-fall, we didn't get hit so hard. Now those on the edges - about 20 miles in each direction and further - were devastated. Had power all the way through and no water. Maybe a few trees fell, but nothing significant.

My problem was that I had a serious family emergency unrelated to the storm that came along and I'm working on that. Brutal week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back