New Jersey Takes a Left Hook

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its probably a bit late for this shindig, but if y'all don't already, following some of the advice of "preppers" probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Keep at least a week, maybe two, worth of food, water, fuel, propane, first aid supplies, etc on hand, avoid all the panicky last-minute oh-holy-crap shoppers. Stay safe, stay dry!
Or you could alway go looting.
Just sayin.

Well no school till Wednesday and I've packed to spend two days/nights at the firehouse...so I'm signing off for now.

Take care guys and I'll see ya on the other side!

Nothing like a satellite shot for perspective ..... stay safe.

Memories of Hazel - October 15, 1954.

MM

Attachments

• sandy_goes.jpg
    sandy_goes.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 136
So far, so good. Winds are getting heavier and rain ain't bad. Still have power. But we're filling the bathtub with water just in case. We got our non-perishable food out and ready, cooked what we could. Ice is a go. A few battery operated things are all good.

Harrison, Bishop to Queen's Rook Four. Your turn.

Chris

have the white gas or equivalent on hand for your stove(s). look at this as an unusual indoor camping trip, make sure you have alot of candles and batteries about.

prayers are with thee and others, have relatives that may get plastered in this wet mess . . .

Yea...good luck guys. Here in Massachusetts we have high winds, and a bit of rain. The power already went out for an hour (not bad), it looks like the utilities are trying to stay ahead of the downed lines. They cough hell last year...when we had a power outage that lasted for 3 to 5 days (in some areas).
The one thing I didn't expect, is the amount of gas that people seem to be buying...several of the gas stations are sold out and they don't expect to0 be restocked for a few days...

Last edited:
Hope the things would soon be back to normal, people.

I lost contact with you guys last night (my time) and the news was saying how bad it was and I can't imagine what it's like. Hope your all okay over there on the East Coast as even now (pm Wednesday) we still have flights to New York cancelled.

This one raised havoc all up and down the eastern seaboard, from what I wave heard, it was the most destructive storm in recorded history. I think Charles' area had the longest exposure to the heavy rains, but the main part slammed the Jersey/ New York areas. The tunnels flooded and there are thousands without power , and it is cold too. We have had heavy winds even here, as far inland as I am, and my thoughts are with the guys up in the northeast, it is producing blizzard conditions as far inland as Ohio. I hope you all are safe!

New Jersey is a mess, we had a lot of fires in our town and I finally slept for first time in two days. Found open gas station this morning both cars filled.

10-14 days till power is back.

Telephone poll fell on the fire truck I was in withies wires, we got trapped inside for two hours. Our house didnt get any damage which is good

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back