Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Adler
I've never been up close to a Blackhawk and unless you're a giant they look smaller than I thought they would be....

The Blackhawk is not that big but it is also not too small. It is a Medium Lift Aircraft. It can carry 15 people (4 Crew and 11 Passengers) with seats in, you remove the seats it can carry 22 Passengers I believe.

It could be the angle of the pic that makes it look so small.

Length: 64 ft 10 in (19.76 m)
Rotor diameter: 53 ft 8 in (16.36 m)
Height: 16 ft 10 in (5.13 m)

CRASHGATE said:
On a sadder note, has'nt one just gone down with big loss of life ?

Unfortunatly yes...

Hello Chase! Welcome to the forum from another Ret Navy Airdale. Once you go overseas you'll have to keep in touch and give us a running commentary on the day to day events. (Unclassified of course) :D

Hello Chase! Welcome to the forum from another Ret Navy Airdale. Once you go overseas you'll have to keep in touch and give us a running commentary on the day to day events. (Unclassified of course) :D

Thanks Doug, I will do my best to log on and keep everyone up to date. To be honest I'm not sure what our mission is over there in the desert, but i'll let you fellas know how it is and hopefully I can post some pics from time to time.

Yes.... While you're "away" keep us informed on what's going on. My
grand-father was also a Charles (Henry). My father was World War I
(these's a post on the forum about him).

Be careful out there.

Charles

Hi AWAC from the UK always loved the frizzbee very handy bit of kit, why we stuck to the Nimrod I'll never know, probably contract politics.

G'day Chase from another Aussie. One word of advice if you are going to the Middle East. Its not the Arabs you have to be wary of mate. its those Royal Australian Air Force blokes from Aussie who will drink all your beer cheat you at poker and 2 up games and keep you up all night chasing sheilas and general bullshit. Hang about that just described the rest of the Military Australian TaskForce

He does not have to worry about alcohol emac. In the US military when you are deployed there is no beer for the Aussies to drink from us.

Its called General Order Number 1 and no drinking is included in that General Order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back