Newbie Introduction

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dec 31, 2009
Hello to everyone, I have been watching this and other military modeling forums, and am excited about
getting back into the hobby.

Served in Viet Nam 68 - 69, came home, got back in school, had one career in Law Enforcement, then retired, finished another in Transportation of Haz/Mat as Safety Director, now in a smaller transportation
firm, still Haz/Mat.

Located in Louisiana

sign0016.gif

G'day GG, welcome to the forum glad to have you on board and a Happy New Year to you
happy0120.gif
happy0120.gif

Hello and welcome from England. Had an American 'Nam vet friend many years ago from Shrieveport - anywhere near you?

Yes, Shreveport is only about 70 miles from me, have been to the 8th AF Museum there many times at
Barksdale.

I was in England at Sturgate Air Station with my dad, 54 through 57, lived in Gainsboro Lincolnshire.

otftch:

Thanks for the welcome, I am originally from Tampa, my dad was stationed at Mac Dill from from 49 to 54, then we went
to England, came back in 57, then went to Dow AFB in Bangor, ME. I was in the AF, and spent 68 -69 in Viet Nam in
7th AF DIT

Great, I live just North of Houston. There are several member in Texas. We should try to meet at an airshow or the Lone Start Flight Museum.

DBII

Welcome to the forum, GG. Was in Nam myself, '66-'67, officially attached to the Commander Naval Support Activities,
Da Nang, but found myself "loaned" to the Army Capital Division of the ROK, based at Chu Lai, which was actually
a USMC base at Dung Quat Bay.

Just for kicks, are you in your middle 60's ??

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back