newby but an oldie (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pete_madi

Airman
Jun 16, 2008
hi everbody just joined recently and am amazed at the quaility and scope of info,also surprised to see so many of the "y" and "x" gen showing such interest.have been ww2 freak since grannie took me to see the Battle of Britan approx 1969/70 and fell in love with flying old war planes.have been lucky enough to have been up in a P51 with a dickie seat,what an experince and also to have an old aussie spit pilot from the pto give me a lesson in what it was like doing hi speed turns and peeling off like a fighter in a twin engined cessna.am starting model building again in my old age(49)but hopefully with more skill and patience.pete_madi

Hallo Pete,

Welcome on board.Greetings from Poland.:D

G'day Pete, here's some pics that hopefully help you with your MkVc kit as discussed via PM.
Welcome to the site mate.

Attachments

• 79sqnRAAF4.jpg
    79sqnRAAF4.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 79sqnRAAF8.jpg
    79sqnRAAF8.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 79sqnRAAF13.jpg
    79sqnRAAF13.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 79sqnRAAF20.jpg
    79sqnRAAF20.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 48
to all on site thank you for the warm welcome.Wildcat you must be a mind reader. followed your info and found some similar pics in aust war museum and was just in process of selecting some for my project when lo and behold up you come with them thank you so much.and to heinz if you are ever looking for a place in aust to see a real flying spit and other warbirds have a look at david lowrys place at temora nsw have the site some where will send to you aasap.sorry about delay in repling to you all but have a 13yr old in the house who is normally grafted to comp.watching and listening when able.peter

Heh....I love the irony of the plane being named "Down with Everything", about three feet in front of additional markings that read "UP".

Oh, and welcome Pete, you lucky b*stard!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back