NFL 2012 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take Andy Reid long......

Reports: Reid to be named Cardinals coach - Yahoo! Sports

Andy Reid is reportedly on his way to becoming the Arizona Cardinals next coach.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Tuesday that "it is a done deal" and KTVK-TV in Arizona reported that Reid is "very close" to being named the Cardinals' coach. ESPN also reported that there is a "95 percent" chance that Reid will be hired by Arizona.

Reid was fired Monday as coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. The Cardinals' job opened up when Ken Whisenhunt was fired the same day.

Reid coached Philadelphia for 14 years and was let go after a 4-12 season.

Arizona reportedly planned to interview its defensive coordinator, Ray Horton.

Suspecting he would be fired by the Eagles, Reid had already started putting together a coaching staff for the 2013 season.

Reid has several reasons for his interest in the job. His wife, Tammy, is from the Phoenix area. He would also be reunited with quarterback Kevin Kolb, whom he drafted and coached in Philadelphia.

Whew~ Was able to long on to the forum from work. Several months of withdrawls!!!! Also, got my butt whopped the last part of the fantasy season.

Ray Lewis has announced he will be retiring after this season is over. I guess that makes it official. Patrick Willis is now the official best linebacker in the league.

Well next week we have...

Houston Texans at New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Going to be some exciting games.

Seattle showed some serious playoff weakness today, as well as many strenghts. But those weaknesses are VERY worrisome that such a good team would give up 14 points in the first quarter. Not acceptable.

Seattle showed some serious playoff weakness today, as well as many strenghts. But those weaknesses are VERY worrisome that such a good team would give up 14 points in the first quarter. Not acceptable.

I would not worry Matt.I look for the Hogs to take the Chickens next week easy:confused: methinks.Come'on if the Saints beat them the first go round(worst defense league) and on the second effort gave up the ball 5x times and the Chickens only won by 6???I think the Seahawks defense handles Altanta easy esp since they,Atlanta, has not won any many of there games by shear points domination but lack of a better word Luck!The other game in the NFC will I think I might have to cheer for GB seeing I am not a big fan of how the coach dumped Smith but playing in SF would keep me from betting on this one ;)

I think that if Washington had done the smart thing and pulled RGIII in the 2nd Qtr., the outcome might have been different.

The only thing that bothered me about Seattle, was there DB's Sherman and Browner. The whole game they were grabbing face masks, doing illegal contact down field, shoving and pushing, and getting away with it. They should have been penalized every other play. Then you have Sherman's big ass mouth. I guess you can't take the hood out of him.

Other than though, Seattle played a tough game. I think they will beat Atlanta. I hope we take out Green Bay next week, and then we can have the ultimate rematch in San Francisco for the NFCCCG

The other game in the NFC will I think I might have to cheer for GB seeing I am not a big fan of how the coach dumped Smith but playing in SF would keep me from betting on this one ;)

Even as a Niner fan, I was not too happy about how that was played out. Having said that, Kaep is a better QB than Smith is. Smith does not make mistakes, but he also does not take risks. Kaep will make mistakes, but he will also make big plays.

Last edited:
Even as a Niner fan, I was not too happy about how that was played out. Having said that, Kaep is a better QB than Smith is. Smith does not make mistakes, but he also does not take risks. Kaep will make mistakes, but he will also make big plays.

I see that down the road Chris and think the season would of ended about the same maybe better :dontknow: keeping Smith in.Kaep now ventures into unknown territory his first time in the playoffs and much younger than when Smith went last year.Two rookie QB's failed today and one prevailed but that was mutually assured rookie on rookie having said that I should back the Chickens? 7/13 wins by less 7,2 blowouts Chargers/Giants and 4 12(lions)10(aints)13(chris's eeglets)16(KC) with the Saints having the best record out that lot.Naw I'll go with the real hawks Seattle :lol:

I think that if Washington had done the smart thing and pulled RGIII in the 2nd Qtr., the outcome might have been different.

The only thing that bothered me about Seattle, was there DB's Sherman and Browner. The whole game they were grabbing face masks, doing illegal contact down field, shoving and pushing, and getting away with it. They should have been penalized every other play. Then you have Sherman's big as mouth. I guess you can't take the hood out of him.

Other than though, Seattle played a tough game. I think they will beat Atlanta. I hope we take out Green Bay next week, and then we can have the ultimate rematch in San Francisco for the NFCCCG

I agree both about RGIII and the blind refs...seems like the refs just weren't seeing anything important...

I was really feeling good about the Skins taking the win over Seattle but I guess this just wasn't thier year...they did a hellof a job, though.

While I intially hoped that his knee brace was a handicap and then saw him hurt his knee further in the 1Qtr, I too thought that they should have pulled RG3. And while I enjoyed his inability to hobble around, the 4th Qtr knee torque made me cringe. WTF were Redskins thinking. That guy is worth his weight in gold and why sacrifice him. Fooking stoopid if you ask me. He could hardly walk for God's sake. Dummies.

Would it have made a difference taking him out for the three remaining Qtrs? No. Seattle got their feces together the totally dominated. The first quarter was brutal and should have been a death sentence for us. But their ability to climb back is playoff worthy no matter what anybody says.

I'm not real familiar with Falcon's play, but if I were to have to gamble on who the Seahogs might beat post Atlanta, I would hope for Green Bay. I'm not seeing another Niner's win. ;)

I agree both about RGIII and the blind refs...seems like the refs just weren't seeing anything important...

I was really feeling good about the Skins taking the win over Seattle but I guess this just wasn't thier year...they did a hellof a job, though.

Seattles DB's have been getting away with murder from week one. I think Karma will catch up with them eventually. Especially that hoodlum Sherman.

After the first Quarter, they should have called in Captain Kirk...he did a damn-fine job a couple weeks ago and he could have done so again today. By the time they finally put him in, it was far far too late for any form of salvation :/

Last Week: 3-1
Overall: 175-75

This week:

Denver Broncos 27-20 Baltimore Ravens
San Francisco 49ers 27-24 Green Bay Packers (Overtime)
Seattle Seahawks 24-21 Atlanta Falcons
New England Patriots 33-21 Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back