Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird one last night for sure. Pats did look good though in the other game.

So happy Seattle are gone, was hoping for a Carolina blowout after the half but the Seacocks had to come back and make it interesting.

Think it will be a Pats - Panthers superbowl this year.

Denver's defense won.

There was no offense for either team. Both defenses played great. The better one won.

Lots of turnovers, lack of capitalizing on opportunities, a missed field goal that was well within the "sweet spot", several unnecessary penalties and Newton's inability to hit a receiver...they honestly looked like they weren't ready to play.

Terrible performance on Carolina's behalf

I just watched an interview a very disappointed Australian cricket captain gave immediately after the loss of a one day international series to New Zealand. That's a bit like losing an arm wrestle to your little brother!

He was dignified in defeat and magnanimous to the victors (though he did comment on one 'controversial' incident*). Every Aussie I know hates losing, but they are not bad losers.

The young man in the clip above, whom I know nothing about, but who is doing a good imitation of a sulky child, could take a lesson from the behaviour of other sportsmen in similar situations.

Cheers

Steve

*For those who understand, the Kiwis did appeal for a catch, the umpires eventually reviewed the catch and the batsman was correctly given out, having hit the ball onto his foot and then being caught by a fielder. The ball never touched the ground so it was a fair catch, if unlucky for the batsman, Mitchell Marsh. Smith conceded so in the interview I mentioned, but also said that the incident was handled 'pretty poorly' and he is right. What he didn't do was complain about the decision itself.
As an Englishman I am completely neutral in this, although I always want Australia to lose, which tells you just how good they are :)

The better defense won in the end but there was no offense for either team. I think in the end Carolina did beat themselves as has been said and I think their lack of a decent receiving corps hurt them. John Elway at least gave Peyton what he got himself from the Bronco's, don't see Peyton playing next year.

Side not, see Marshawn Lynch retired too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back