North Central Airlines DC-3 cr. 1966

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got some work done on it today

Put the cockpit together. This will hardly bee seen so I didn't put too much effort into it although I must say the decal from the Pointerdog sheet is excellent and it is a shame that it probably will never be seen

P1013655.JPG
P1013657.JPG
P1013658.JPG

The cockpit installed in the fuselage half. before this I had masked off the cabin windows and glued them in, than painted everything in this area black as the only detail here is the 2 bench seats for the C-47 version of this kit

P1013659.JPG
P1013660.JPG

The fuselage halves glued up as well as the center wing section to the outer wings. Starting to take shape now.

P1013661.JPG
P1013662.JPG

They used to have a DC-2, I believe, that flew out of Long Beach. I heard it was an FAA bird. I haven't seen it in quite a while.

When I was applying to pilot training for the Navy, they flew me from Pensacola to New Orleans for a flight physical in an R5D (C-54) which wallowed, vibrated, and rattled. It was an experience. It turned out that the Flight Surgeon forgot to sign my physical so I had to retake it, this time at Pensacola Navel Air Station. By that time the AF accepted me and I signed up. A couple of weeks later I was accepted into the Navy flight program, but too late. Worked out good for me.

Thanks guys.
The fit of the wing and tail were excellent with just a bit of work on the joint at the fuselage forward of the wing so I should be able to start painting soon. The fit between the cowls and the nacelles is also very good so I should be able to do all the painting and decaling before I install them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back