Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Junkers88A1

Staff Sergeant
Oct 22, 2008
Norway
www.ju88.net
I have noticed that there is no threads on the Museum located outside Oslo in Norway ( the Location is 5 minutes with bus from the main airport at Gardermoen ) the name is "Forsvarsmuseets Flysamling gardermoen"

this collection contains 30+ aircrafts..some uniqe in the world like the Northrop N3PB ( last survivor of only 24 buildt in 1939 )
it also has a genuine He 111 P2 from 1938 with combathistory

in this thread i thought i would post pictures and news from the museum as things go along and also perhaps post pictures of details from aircrafts on display.

Attachments

• gardermoen 008.jpg
    gardermoen 008.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 344
  • He 111 P2 003.jpg
    He 111 P2 003.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 355
  • He 111 wheelchock (1).jpg
    He 111 wheelchock (1).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 323
  • diverse 007.jpg
    diverse 007.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 327
a few more pictures from the display

Attachments

• parts 006.jpg
    parts 006.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 339
  • display feb,2007 (3).jpg
    display feb,2007 (3).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 335
  • display feb,2007 (2).jpg
    display feb,2007 (2).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 349
  • display feb,2007.jpg
    display feb,2007.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 344
a few more

Attachments

• 88mm in place 015.jpg
    88mm in place 015.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 349
  • aircrafts 003.jpg
    aircrafts 003.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DC 3 018.jpg
    DC 3 018.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 310
  • F-86 F Sabre (17).jpg
    F-86 F Sabre (17).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 323
  • restoration 046.jpg
    restoration 046.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 334
I'm thinking a visit to Oslo might be a good idea. Thanks for the pics. Time to get in touch with Ryanair...

F-86 F Sabre
Rumpler Taube. Original from 1910
Bristol B2EF from WW1 with combat history and original from 1916..bought by the norwegians in 1917 from England
Interstate cadet from WW2 ( used in Little Norway in canada to train norwegian pilots )
and a twin otter on display

Attachments

• aircrafts from gardermoen 079.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 079.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 313
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 021.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 021.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 326
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 016.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 016.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 321
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 008.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 008.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 359
If I was to ever get to Oslo, that museum would be my first stop! Super pictures!

It looks like a very people friendly museum. I didn't see any barriers to keep people away from the many planes. I like that!!!

You can be very proud of the museum.

Bill G.

thanks a lot for the comments.. and yes..we dont have any barriers and we let people touch and see the aircrafts as they are :)but the old ones from 1912, 1917..and the farman from 1918 is behind barriers..as those are fragile..and ofcourse the inside of the A/c `s are off limits but if some of the restorationstaff is present and people have certain request we open them up and let them inside in most of the A/C `s

here is a few interiorshoots..
He 111
Ju 52
C-47
and two pics of the famous Northrop N3PB

and if anybody here is comming to oslo let me know..i might just be around to give you a tour :)

Attachments

• flysamlingen 011.jpg
    flysamlingen 011.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 296
  • cockpits for book 010.jpg
    cockpits for book 010.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 309
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 113.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 113.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 298
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 104.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 104.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 323
  • aircrafts from gardermoen 085.jpg
    aircrafts from gardermoen 085.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 308
a few shoots..some that the visitors will never see..like the "C" on the back of the He 111..and also a shoot from the C-130 cockpit when it was outside arriving from the Air Force.. but watch the kids when visiting the museum..we have sharp original german barbed wire around the guns near the Ju 52..and you cant sue people in Norway if something happens..as we dont have those kinds of laws..hehe
and also i interiorshoot from the Ju 52..the only Ju 52 in the world with all 4 Mg 15`s mounted..one up in the nose..one on each side and one in the rear :)

Attachments

• 88mm in place 015.jpg
    88mm in place 015.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 298
  • C-130 arrives at gardermoen 002.jpg
    C-130 arrives at gardermoen 002.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 309
  • diverse 007.jpg
    diverse 007.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 329
  • He 111 P2 C 009.jpg
    He 111 P2 C 009.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Zurrøse fur plane 006.jpg
    Zurrøse fur plane 006.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for the super interior shots!

Here is a story you might enjoy.

Back in 2006, my girl friend and myself were at the Air Force Museum to be a part of the 64th anniverssary reunion of the Doolittle Raiders. On the first day we got to the museum just after it opened. I wanted to try to get some underneath shots of the F-105 and F-111. Few people were at the Museum and we headed for the planes located in the back hanger. We were the only visitors. So I asked a docent if I could slide under the airplanes for the pictures of the gear bays and bomb bay of the F-111. He looked around and said yes, but be quick.

So I quickly got on my back and slid under the planes and got my pictures. So the story ended I thought.

The second evening was the formal dinner to honor the 8 Raiders that were able to be there. We just picked a table off to the side. We had only been sitting there a few minutes when a gentleman at the table asked me if I was the person that took the pictures under the F-105 and F-111. I said yes. Then he asked how I managed to get the permission from the head of the museum? I sheepishly said I didn't. I just asked the docent.

This gentleman was working on Patches nearby and saw me take the pictures. He said he was all set to run over and yell at me, but saw the docent and didn't day anything.

I hope the nice docent didn't get into any trouble over this!

And I got autographs of all 8 Raiders, Gen Doolittle's son and grandson, and two authors. And I got my picture taken with Astronaut Lt Gen Dave Scott who flew on Gemini 8, Apollo 9, and walked on the moon on Apollo 15.

So quite a two days!!!!

Bill G.

awsome storie.. i was allowed into th enola gay before the center opened.. but when the curator came all hell broke loose.. but after some back and fourth he realized who i was and that i knew how tho handle old birds so it setteled..but i really dont understand why some museums are so perplex about letting people up close..i mean..its warmachines made to handle many G`s and stuff..so they dont get ruiend by anybody giving them some close up shoots.. the flash is not as harmfull as 20mm or 88mm flak..hehe

but that sounded like a great day..i have pics with me and buzz aldrin,and also Bill anders when they visited our museum. a great honour to meet those guys

You must have read my mind Guttorm! I was going to ask you if it was possible to see shots of the inside of the HeIII - any chance of seeing the bomb-bay and rear fuselage interior sometime?
Terry.

awsome storie.. i was allowed into th enola gay before the center opened.. but when the curator came all hell broke loose.. but after some back and fourth he realized who i was and that i knew how tho handle old birds so it setteled..but i really dont understand why some museums are so perplex about letting people up close..i mean..its warmachines made to handle many G`s and stuff..so they dont get ruiend by anybody giving them some close up shoots.. the flash is not as harmfull as 20mm or 88mm flak..hehe

but that sounded like a great day..i have pics with me and buzz aldrin,and also Bill anders when they visited our museum. a great honour to meet those guys

We have both met some very special people. It is an honor to be able to meet people that have made history.

I can see the hands on/hands off debate from both sides. If the plane has a famous UNRESTORED paint job, then it should be hands off. To me that is no debate. If the aircraft has completely new paint then some touching should be allowed.

I have sat in many cockpits of aircraft at the Kalamazoo Aviation Museum. Air Zoo :: The Total Flight Experience :: Kalamazoo, Michigan Those are very special moments for me. I have also been in B-17 Sentimental Journey at Tempe, AZ and the Spanish He-111 they had before it crashed. I so enjoyed being in those two. I could just take my time and just let my mind drift back in time. I wondered what it must have been like to have been in that spot in combat. Knowing me, I would probably need to wear diapers!

I have been in a few others.

I look forward to your bomb bay pictures of your He-111. I have a 1/72 Hasegawa kit to build. I want to build it with the bomb bay doors open. So any and all pictures in that area, inside and out, would be most welcome!

At times like this I so love the internet and forums like this! There ain't anyway I would be able to go to Oslo soon. But with all that is here, well, it is almost the same as being there.

If I ever do travel back to Europe, I will let you know! I look forward to meeting you!

Bill G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back