Official Sig / Avatar test Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sigpicture.gif

Actually, that 66 Econoline was mine back in 72. I got it back in 70 off the lot at a used car place out by the airport when I lived in Hawaii back then. Originally it was a weird orange that had been used as parts delivery for some store. Got it and rebuilt the motor stock and it was a every day driver for me. Started collecting parts for what I wanted to do. Read up on some stories in some LA street rod and Van mags. Took me a couple of years of saving money to get all the parts and tires, mags etc.. When I had everything I needed, put it up on jack stands and tore everything out of it. Engine, tranny, rear end the works. When I had all back together this is what I had, A 200 CI straight six with a 170 head on it. I ground down the intake manifold (It was one piece with the head) to accept the Offenhouser 3 single holly carb set up. It had progressive linkage so that just cruising, you mainly just used one carb, until you stomped it then all three opened up full bore. Had a 3/4 race cam, over sized pistons and headers. Had a Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed. The Econoline had a three speed on the column. So I had to modify the 4 speed to have reverse on the dash, a big knob to left of the column. Put a Ford Fairlane 500 rear end in it. My drive shaft was custom welded because it was only 23 inch long. Put big ole 15 in Aluminum Mags on the rear 14 inch mags on the front. In Hawaii, if you did any customizing on your vehicle, you had to go down to the police annex area and have it inspected and you better have all the receipts. It would take hours and if they didn't get to you , you had to come back. Don't know if they still make you do that or not. The pin striping was done by a guy who came by the gas station I worked at and had been robbed at his hotel. He had a copy of some Hot Rod mag that had done an article on his pin-striping of cars. The only thing the thieves didn't take was his kit that he brought along. So he showed me the article and offered to do the job for a hundred bucks so he could get a ticket back to LA. So 3 hours later viola!! If you can zoom in the drivers window sill, you'll see Rusty written there:) His normal fee was around 500 so I thought it was a good deal.

Last edited:
....or an PhD, MD, or any other 4 (or so) year school thingy! I mean, just open the hood, sniff out the problem and fix it in less time, than it takes a Hippocroccofrog to do her makeup!

Pishaw! I have my minions do that!
I was refering to that fine bit of caucasian engineering I did on the shifter.
BTW, I located an actual lever from an '83 150 that works. A tad short, and there is an odd bend, but I have made it work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back