Okay Fellas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's way I would suggest making of the masks and then or putting them on a model surface and then airbrushing or putting them on a sheet of clear decal film ( these are offered by most hobby shops ), airbrushing and you have own decals.The last way can be done in a couple of ways.For instance two masks should be prepared , the first one for white numbers ( bigger at about 1-1.5 mm then the red ones ) , the second mask for red numbers.Then the masks for white have to be put on a clear decal sheet and white colour applied.The same way should be done with red ones.And then these numbers should be cut off and put on a model one on one.But in my opinion it would be better to spray the clear decal sheet with a white and when dried the masks for red numbers should be put on the sheet.Then spraying with the red colour.The dried numbers cut off the sheet with scissors or a scalpel with white outline.

It's up to you which way you will choose.Anyway the printer can be used.These masks can be printed on an selfadhesive foil which you can buy at a shop with paper goods mostly oir simply on a paper sheet.These foil sheets shouild be offered as gloss and matt.I think these matt ones would be better for printer paint sticking.Instead of these masks you can print your own decals.But remember there isn't white colour for a printer.The colour is always the transparent one.So you have to use the clear decal sheet painted with the white colour firstly.Unless your printer uses a white ink.

The easiest way to see if your printer can print white colour is to set a black background in a pic and then input to this a text with white letters.Then printing it on a blue/green/yellow , it doesn't matter , sheet of paper.I'm sure your pic will be black the colour of the paper sheet.Check it , please.

And :wave: to all.:D

As I said. :(

But OK..Cory do you understand the idea of making masks?

Whoops, didn't see that part. Sorry!

And no, I don't understand what you mean. I apologize! I think I get some of it though. I don't know what paper you're talking about, but regardless of that, do you mean I'd have to spray it white first?

So OK. I'll try to write it much easier.And you don't need to apologize me at all. I must do it. Because it means my English is still not enouh good.:(

There are a couple of ways to make decals yourself.

1. It should be purchased a clear decal sheet.Then it should be painted with white colour ( an airbrush is very useful for that ).When the white paint on the decal sheet is dried, you can print red numbers of the proper shape ( style) but without the white outline on it.Having the red paint dried you have to cut these numbers off from the decal sheet.Of course you have to cut them off with the white outline of the proper dimension.And your decal numbers are ready to be applied on model like these ones you can buy in a hobby shop or these included to the kit.

2.The clear decal sheet like above.Then you have to print the red numbers of correct shapes without white outline . For that you can use a paper sheet for printers ( for instance ) or a sheet of adhesive foil ( it can be white with matt or gloss facture).Then cut off these numbers from the paper or foil sheet.Make it accuratelly because these sheets will be your masks.Use for that a sharp scalpel razor or blade razor.Then put these masks on the white painted clear decal sheet and spray it with the red colour.Contrary to the adhesive foil the papar sheet has to be better sticked to the decal sheet.When the red is dried remove masks from the decal sheet and you have red numbers on a white background.Then cutting off with white outline and putting on model like decals mentioned above.

3. The clear decal sheet is not necessary but....Paint the areas on your model where these numbers have to be applied, with the white colour.When the paint is drying , print on the adhesive foil whole numbers ( with white outline, in the case it is not important of what colour the numbers outline is.It can be red too.It is important to print numbers in a whole size).Then cut these numbers off the foil sheet and stick them to these white painted areas on the model at the correct positions.Leave them at these positions up to finishing of painting camo pattern ( I mean when the model is almost finished and there is the decal applaing time).Then remove these numbers from fuselage (for example).The white background should be under them.The next step is, or you will print these numbers with red paint ( no outline) on the clear decal sheet and then cut them off from the decal sheet and apply to the white places in that way to get the white outline, or you make masks for the red numbers like in No.2 and set ( stick) these mask in a correct position on fuselage ( for example) then you can spray with the red paint.In the case the masks have to be big enough to screen the model in order to not overspray closer surfaces on the model.

4. The "sandwich" method. Paint the clear decal sheet with white.Print both red numbers ( no white outline) and numbers as the outer black outline ( the inner part of these numbers have to be transparent (no colour)).Of course these numbers have to have the dimension of red numbers + white outline.Then cut them off with no black outline.Cut off these red ones aswell.Apply these white numbers on fuselage ( for instance) and then these red ones on those white.Set these red numbers on correct positions in order to get the white outline.

Ufff...Is now better ? :)

Nothing wrong with your English Wojtek my friend, it's W-A-A-A-Y-Y better than me Polish, to say the least....:lol: :lol:
Making your own decals seems to awfully complicated, if you ask me....:shock:

No no no Wojtek, it wasn't your English, I just didn't know what you were talking about! :)

I think I understand what you mean now, and I think my best bet would be to try option number 1 or 2, as they seem rather simple. Like I said before, it was my thickheadedness causing problems, not your English! Thank you sir!

And it is complicated, but it's cheap, and once you know how to do it, you can make many things.

Thank you Jan:D You have made me better.:D

Making decals by yourself is not complicated but gets some time.Of course it is better if there is no white colour in the printed pics.Because you can print these emblems ( for instance ) directly on the clear decal sheet.So you need a computer with a proper application, a clear decal sheet only.

Oh we passed by again Cory.I'm glad you caught.And thank you for these nice words aswell.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back