Roden Fokker D V11F 1/72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
Okay Fellas I am back now I ,miss you guys I am getting burned out on you tube now its time to pay my respects this wonderful forum and you fellas. Here below are pictures of the build. I Rarely build small aircraft like this in general but they make great subjects in a smaller scale. I purchased this last week along with 6 other kits from this manufacture. So I will attack this little brute. Being off the subject what group build is it might like to join in. Okay guys here are the pictures.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 186
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 174
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 182
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 180
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
Looks like a neat little kit, and great to see you back here Boats !
Ahoy Terry
Thanks Dear Friend for your reply again I am honored glad to be back I will have a update build report of this right after this typo thanks buddy

Boats

Ahoy Fellows
Okay here is the first update I knocked off for the night and save some more work tomorrow. As to the construction of the engine and cockpit assemblies I wet ahead and primed all the parts on the trees. When dry I removed the engine and cockpit parts cleaned them up and re primed them all over again. The engine was assembled first there are 7 parts to this tiny engine I pray my eyeballs will hold out, after assembly I re primed the engine and let dry. Next I airbrushed on two coats of RLM Gray and let this paint dry over night tomorrow I will give it a wash to bring out the details next will be the cockpit and joining of the fuselage assembly. Here are the pix

Attachments

• PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 180
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 186
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 186
Boooooooooaaaaaaaaaaats!!!! Where the.....never mind, bl**dy nice to see you again young man, you've been sorely missed my friend!

Think this call for some navy rum, to celebrate the return of the prodigal son!

salute_zps4360a7b8.png

Nice one! A bit too small for me, got the 1/48 ones...

Ahoy Wurger
Thanks Dear Friend for the pictures what a beautiful airplane it is Herman looks the same although 30 years earlier younger but the same with his walking stick. Great to hear from you and everyone else you guys are well missed now I am back have a lot on my plate I would love to build here. Thanks Wojtek

Boats

Ahoy Fellows
Okay here is update No.2 when it comes to the interior details on this kit there is a lot to desire. you can go do much in such a small scale. As from the last update I went ahead and gave the ebgine a wash and let dry went and finished up the pilots cockpit details I added seat belts to the wicker seat the Dv11 had. Letting this dry for the night and tomorrow I will button up the fuselage assembly. during drying time of the engine I went and removed both wings and the tail feathers from the sprues, This kit is a flash pig its everywhere so anyone who wants to build this kit be prepared for a lot of clean up work I spent 45 minutes cleaning up the intire kit from the flash.. Here is the update pictures for the night.

Attachments

• PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 174
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 172
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 177
It is an excellent detail in the engine and cockpit :shock:, despite a difficult kit and scale is very small. Well done Boats.

(by comments from colleagues, I can see you're back in the forum, I have a short time ...:arrow: welcome back)

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

Good day Boats, if I may call you that. I am a fairly recent arrival here and this is the first "visit" I have seen you make since I came aboard so a hearty Cheers to you and keep up the great work.

Jeff

Good day Boats, if I may call you that. I am a fairly recent arrival here and this is the first "visit" I have seen you make since I came aboard so a hearty Cheers to you and keep up the great work.

Jeff
Ahoy Jeff
thank you Dear Friend for your reply I am honored all you of great fellas gave me a warm welcoming and I am happy I am back I have a lot of buiolds coming up for now I am getting this little devil started. Thanks Jeff.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back