Okay Fellas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My number 13's....

2008_09030006.jpg

2008_09030005.jpg

2008_09030004.jpg

2008_09030003.jpg

2008_09030002.jpg

2008_09030001.jpg

Which ones do you mean? From The USA or other countries?

Well gents, I have a bit of an issue. The ones from my A-7 (not A-8 as I miswrote earlier) are actually identical to the one Lucky posted in his biog sheet of decals, the red ones towards the bottoms. While closer in shape, the yare still not correct AND they have a black outline. I think I'll have to end up using the decals I have that came with the model.

Catch post up a shot of what Red 13 decals you have that came with the Dora....not the Red 13 of Heinz Baer's A-7, I have that same kit so I know which you mean.

Wojtek, you obviously have the Dora's of the Galland Circus book....take a close look at the wings of Red 13 shot at the bottom of page 28 and tell me if you think there is enough contrast in the two colours for them to be 75/83?
The shot is on a nice sunny day, it is not too bright or washed out...yet the two colours are reasonably close in tone more like 82/83, I think there should be more contrast and difference in the colours if they were 75/83?
What is your opinion?

Wojtek, you obviously have the Dora's of the Galland Circus book....take a close look at the wings of Red 13 shot at the bottom of page 28 and tell me if you think there is enough contrast in the two colours for them to be 75/83?
The shot is on a nice sunny day, it is not too bright or washed out...yet the two colours are reasonably close in tone more like 82/83, I think there should be more contrast and difference in the colours if they were 75/83?
What is your opinion?

You are right Wane on the port wing the contrast is not enough visible but if you take a look at the starboard one the differnce is visible better.The RLM75 was Grauviolett ( grey-violet one) so it means it could have a red-brown tonality.With a sunlight it could look like the dark one.Looking at some B&W pics with Bf109F/G with the RLM74/RLM75 camo pattern these always look very dark especially when the camo was "the worse for wear".I remember Su-22M4 of my former unit with a camo scheme made by Russian factory.Two green tonalities and light brown one ( almost sand ).Some time later these paints got a very dark tonality and it was very difficult to notice where was Dark Green, Light Green and even the Light brown.Taking the German paint quality in that time into consideration it is possible that the similar effect appeared.Especially if we have a look at these Doras in a background that with a sunlight appear very light rather.But we cannot exclude that the Red13 was painted with RLM82/RLM83 scheme.And in addition, these lighter colours become dirtier ( darker ) much more easier, right?

I have made an expriment.Look at the second upladed pic.These look like being very close don't they.What is more the RLM75 looks like the green doesn't it? And look at the third one, please.It is the same no.2 pic but I have made it B&W.Is there any difference between No.2 and No.3? In my oppinion rather no.

Attachments

• red13_colours1.jpg
    red13_colours1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 70
  • red13_colours.jpg
    red13_colours.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 59
  • red13_colours1a.jpg
    red13_colours1a.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 72
I have looked at some other early Dora's from the Focke Wulf factory that we know are 75/83 and in some photo's the colours are also very close, both being quite dark.

Wish Jerry's Vol 2 was closer to see if he still feels 75/83 is correct or if he has made some changes to the camo.....should drop him a line and ask i think!

hey Catch thanks for the image, one of the "13's" is correct the other is not, if you go back a few pages you will see the difference in the 2 styles.

You really need the Eagle Editions sheet to get it right!

It is a solution but I think it would be easier to make own decals or masks for it.Using a computer and graphic application it can be really easy.

Yeah, all I'd have to do is isolate the numbers from a picture. I thought of airbrushing it by taping it off, but it would look too different. I just hope my printer is good enough though, if it's not it'll be grainy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back