Okay Fellas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I've made my choice in regards to a paint scheme for my upcoming (as I don't even have it yet, a week or so to go :lol:) Fw 190D-9. My choice is Rote 13 of JV 44. So I have a couple requests, and hopefully they aren't unreasonable! First off, with all of the commotion surrouding Les' plane colours, would these colours be correct?

18 = RLM70 Schwarzgrün
113 = RLM04 Gelb
114 = RLM23 Rot
117 = RLM76 Lichtblau
122 = RLM82 Lichtgrün
123 = RLM83 Dunkelgrün

47 and 40 are the lights I think.

resizedprofile.png

resizedtopview.png

Secondly, for the German phrase on the side, it says (with the proper quotation marks) " "Rein muß er" und wenn wir beide weinen!", but should it not be " "Rein muß er" und dann wir beide weinen!"? Last time I checked, with my limited knowledge of German, if wenn is in the sentence, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Thanks guys!

These colours seem to be correct.I read somewhere that the RLM76 had some different tonalities on the fuselage .The front part was of RLM76, the rear part ( fin and rudder ) a bit ligher RLM76 and the central part a bit darker RLM76.A guy who has already made the Red13 wrote that he made these RLM76 tonalities using for the lighter one a couple drops of white one and for the darker one some drops of RLM75.But in Modelmania no.7 for Fw190 D I have found a colour profile with the description of colours for the camo which was made with RLM75/76/83/82/02.In the profile the central and especially the rear part of fuselage sides are motled with RLM75 and some RLM02 spots.But I'm not sure if it is correct.
As far as the phrase is concerned, I hope it will help you with it.

Attachments

• fock13b.jpg
    fock13b.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 79
Glad to see u and I will be doin basically the same plane Catch... The camo jobs are almost identical, as well as the colors... LEAARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!

Are those directions u got from the 1:32nd Hasegawa kit???

I'm trying to learn from your mistakes, that's why I asked! :D

And yes, the directions are from the 1:32nd kit that I built previously, as will be the decals as I didn't use any but cockpit dials (and failed at that).

Thank you very much Wurger! So it seems that I will be ok in regards to the directions! Now waiting is REALLY going to drive me insane.

Hi Catch! Don't know if it'll be of any use, but the January 2000 edition of 'MIlitary in Scale' magazine (UK) ran an article on the four 190D's of JV44, with b&w halftones and full colour profiles by Tom Tullis (Eaglecal), taken from his book, EagleFiles1, "Doras of the Galland Circus", released at the same time his company produced the decals for the aircraft concerned. The book review is VERY complimentary, and it sounds like the definitive publication on the subject. The inscription you mentioned (on RED13) DOES read 'Wein', and is included on the decal sheet, which I think is 1/48th. scale, available from Eagle Editions,, Hamilton, MT. Eagle-Editions Judging by the colour artwork in the magazine article, the side views from the kit you posted aren't that accurate. If you think this article might help, and you are unable to get a back-copy of the magazine, which you probably can't now, let me know. You can have my copy with pleasure. 'Military in Scale' is at Traplet Publications Ltd - world leaders in model craft magazines, books and DVDs and the e-mail is [email protected] Good luck and all the best. Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back