Operation Bodenplatte

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Unternehmen Gisela is covered quite well by Rod MacKenzie in Theo Boitens second volume on he Nachtjagd. From the very outset when I started studying this air engagementsome 20 years ago for March of 45 the whole thing was started on an inept behaviour level by LW high command, continual blaying over the loudspeakers if you will, Allied intel knew what was about an intruder raid of questionable proportions but knowing the date of the operation.

E ~

For those interested in the long range intruder missions which were mounted by the Luftwaffe I suggest:

Intruders Over Britain by Simon Parry

Night Of The Intruders: The Slaughter Of USAAF Mission 311 by Ian McLachlan.

Paul, Simon's book still is a classic but a few errors within I would say although short Rod's addendum in Theo's book is unmatched but sadly there is still so much that has been lost about Gisela, I have tried hard but maybe not hard enough to find out just which UK bases were attacked..............so this sounds like an inquiry from those living in England

Paul, Simon's book still is a classic but a few errors within I would say although short Rod's addendum in Theo's book is unmatched but sadly there is still so much that has been lost about Gisela, I have tried hard but maybe not hard enough to find out just which UK bases were attacked..............so this sounds like an inquiry from those living in England

Time for me to make a trip to the National Archives I think..... :D

Thanks for the info ,but I just dont have the time to read books (self employed working 7 days a week) . Im just interested in what happened on the side . Did the luftwaffe take advantage of these flights and do testing on aircraft during that time ?

you need to take a day off so you don;t get up and fall over dead, it isn't worth it take it from me.

sorry but not understanding your last sentance better be more specific please

Paul yes a trip to your archiv's may just prove up some wonderful materials

you need to take a day off so you don;t get up and fall over dead, it isn't worth it take it from me.

sorry but not understanding your last sentance better be more specific please

Paul yes a trip to your archiv's may just prove up some wonderful materials

Im booked for Wanaka next year so I need to save some $ for that

Last sentence : New FW190Z series is tested while operation is in effect due to no allied fighters doing search and destroy missions .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back