Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maybe ..............

the clown is just one cog in the wheel of evil

what is the big deal anyway, think about whom will replace him and already has probably last year when we thought he was obliterated off the planet.

Very true, Erich. You get rid of one rat and another will take its place. It just seems too clean and too easy. I know I don't have access to all the info, but this one seems too sterile. Maybe I'm just becoming a cynical old fart.

May he rot in hell,this will turn political for personal benefit,as Erich states Osama's shoes will be filled 1000 times before this will end.

Apparently a small team went in, had a firefight without loss, killed him when he resisted - at least to go in and kill, not rescue always gets better odds less chances of blue on blue. They captured his body to identify (and maybe give it back ti his famly secretly) later. It was in Rupindi province well inside Pakistan.

So this would mean that the US could now with its reason d'guerre completed, pull out of Afghanistan /or Iraq tommorrow if it wanted to.
But as good as it is, who's next inline for Alkida, will this splinter its 'cells' further underground, create a martyr for extremists, give more reason to let some Saudi/UAE/Bahrainian/USGov dealings escape general media notice, or any of these and many others?

Taking out the figurehead for Al Qaida will not lead to a pull out of Afghanistan. Iraq is already in drawdown mode. He was one cockroach out of many in the kitchen.

yes, but he was the head roach. there is no doubt someone may take his place, and that a retaliation may follow. and they did say that it is not over. but I will remain optimistic that with the death of Bin Laden, things will get better.

What's really pissing me off about all this, is that obama is getting all these props from people everywhere. He had nothing to do with this. The U.S. military (originally deployed by President Bush) achieved the mission objective.

On top of that, now is the time to really be on guard, there will surely be reprisals by his followers...hopefully we can send a few of 'em along to keep bin ladin company...

I'm very glad to hear that this has finally happened. Couldn't happen to a more deserving douchebag! That being said, this is nowhere near being finished. Either he's been grooming replacements, knowing that it was just a matter of time before we closed the book on him for good, and this individual is going to step into the gap with a series of violent and sudden attacks within the next week or so, or else binLaden has been playing it paranoid and there is nobody waiting in line, at which point it breaks down into a bunch of isolated cells fighting for control, setting off attacks at random times and with no warning to the others (including our own intel assets) until another strong leader materializes out of the ashes to reunite al Quida. Either way....its gonna get REAL busy for our troops and intel boffins real soon. My salutes to those who got him (they all deserve medals!), and my prayers to those still over there who will have to handle the aftermath. :salute:

Glad the son of bitch is dead! He recieved what he deserved.

This however will not mean the end in terrorism. It is only going to get worse. Bin Ladin is now a Martyr and I expect bad things to happen now.

I think you're thoughts of independent cells carrying out reprisal attacks is the worst danger for us and our allies right now, RA.
There are troubling aspects of these reports for me: that he was found in a town dominated by the Pakistani military that the BBC described as similar to the US's West Point; and that his body was buried at sea. There are serious questions to be answered from the first and the conspiracy theorists will have a field day with the second.

Without a doubt, I am thrilled that justice has been served and I'm glad there won't be some "martyrs tomb" for him out in the desert.
Derek

What's really pissing me off about all this, is that obama is getting all these props from people everywhere. He had nothing to do with this. The U.S. military (originally deployed by President Bush) achieved the mission objective.

Lets be fair here...

Actually, Obama gave the order to do the mission. I give the man props to have the balls to send a mission into Pakistan to take him out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back