P-40K Col. Robert L. Scott Commander 23rd Fighter Group, 1943 China (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pictures as promised.
I drilled out the guns and added the bulbous landing gear fairings to the leading edges of the wing and after doing some filling and sanding on them, I glued the wing onto the fuselage. I was very pleased with the kits fit at this joint. the only place that will need a little work as seen in the second picture is where the leading edge meets the fuselage, and that will only take a little CA and a couple of minuets with the needle file.
P2126422.JPG
P2126426.JPG

Last edited:
As long as I was filling and filing on the F-102 I thought I might as well work on Scotty's P-40 too, it's been sitting in the box way too long. I finished filling and smoothing the wing/fuselage joints and re-engraved most of the lost panel lines and might get to putting the horizontal stabilizers on later today.
DSC00660.JPG
DSC00658.JPG

Last edited:
After another long pause I finished sanding on the horizontal stabilizers, masked everything up and painted the Neutral Gray on the bottom. Hopefully I'll keep moving along with it this time.
P2079273.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back